We will get to see Tryston Hill more

Jkyle

Reaction score
He's been MIA pretty much all year but with Woods out Hill should get more playing time and we will finally see if he show any of the traits the coaches and scouts saw in him.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
He's been MIA pretty much all year but with Woods out Hill should get more playing time and we will finally see if he show any of the traits the coaches and scouts saw in him.
Well we need to see more Trystan, FFS!

AbeBeta

Reaction score

He played pretty well against the Bills in a limited number of snaps.

When he did struggle, he was asked to play the 1 tech which is not his position. He's not strong enough yet to spot fill there.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
We're probably going to see a lot more Bennett at tackle than Hill, just as we did last week with Woods out.

Hill only played 13 snaps last week.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If I were the coaches, I'd be playing more snaps of Trysten Hill at Bennett's expense.

Make no mistake: this is a lost season. Even if we win the East, that means we either get Seattle or San Francisco in the Wild Card round, and either one of those teams would slay us. And stacking improbailities on top of improbalities, even if we win that game, that means we then either get to play Green Bay, Minnesota or New Orleans in the divisional round. What do all of those teams have in common...

So at this point in the season, I start thinking long game. Collins is going to be a free agent in 2 months, and it's a very open question if we want to bring him back. One of the biggest factors influencing that decision is Hill. Do we trust him enough to give him heavy snaps at the 3T and let Collins walk, or is that going to be a hole that we may need to resign Collins to plug? The best way to find out is by giving Hill game reps now.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Hill is raw. He might not be very good because of that. Does that really matter though? It's not like we have a bunch of stand-out players at DT. Get the kid on the field, let him get some real playing time, and see how he does. We need to know if he has the fundamentals to become a player in this league or was this another horrible pick championed by Marinelli? We are definitely going to see a lot of change along the defensive line this off-season, we need to know if we can rely on Hill to fill in some of the spots that will be vacated.

Wichitaleafs

Reaction score
If I were the coaches, I'd be playing more snaps of Trysten Hill at Bennett's expense.

Make no mistake: this is a lost season. Even if we win the East, that means we either get Seattle or San Francisco in the Wild Card round, and either one of those teams would slay us. And stacking improbailities on top of improbalities, even if we win that game, that means we then either get to play Green Bay, Minnesota or New Orleans in the divisional round. What do all of those teams have in common...

So at this point in the season, I start thinking long game. Collins is going to be a free agent in 2 months, and it's a very open question if we want to bring him back. One of the biggest factors influencing that decision is Hill. Do we trust him enough to give him heavy snaps at the 3T and let Collins walk, or is that going to be a hole that we may need to resign Collins to plug? The best way to find out is by giving Hill game reps now.
Coaches are coaching for their careers. There gonna play who they think gives them the best chance to win.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score

This coaching staff is dead man walking. They have no interest in the long game. They want to do whatever they can to win now.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Opponents are loving this move. Big ol' holes will be opening up where Trysten Hill lines up.