We Won 10 Games with Quincy and T Ham

StoneyBurk

Reaction score
We Won 10 Games with Quincy and T Ham and Joey !
How can we not be better this year ?
Bledsoe is two years removed from a 4000 thousand yrd season and Quincy was never a prolific passer.
Julius is a good back and T Ham shouldn't be in the league.
Keyshon is at least reliable Joey was not.
The ol are alot better than two yrs ago.
What do y'all think ?

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
you forgot to mention - we also had the number 1 defense when we won 10 games.

joseephuss

Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:
How can we not be better this year ?
Bledsoe is two years removed from a 4000 thousand yrd season and Quincy was never a prolific passer.
Julius is a good back and T Ham shouldn't be in the league.
Keyshon is at least reliable Joey was not.
The ol are alot better than two yrs ago.
What do y'all think ?

We should be better, but that doesn't guarantee 10 wins. It depends on how Dallas matches up against each team they face this season. They have some tough games this year. I look for an improved defense and better o-line play. That will be a bigger part than what Bledsoe does or is asked to do.

I don't think THam should be out of the league. If he could just accept it, he would make a good back up especially in pass protection. I would have liked him on the team last season in place of Eddie George as far as what either can do physically. That being said, I like the combo of Anthony Thomas and Marion Barber as the back ups. They can do more.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
you forgot to mention - we also had the number 1 defense when we won 10 games.

Vertigo_17, that #1 status was inflated due to a very weak and watered down schedule and getting lucky with some key guys on the other team's offense being hurt at just the right time when we played them.

That #1 defense was nice to watch, but we saw first hand what that #1 D looked like towards the tail end of the year and especially in the playoffs vs. Carolina.

So that particular excuse of "well we won due to our defense" has pretty much run it's coarse IMHO.

Trophy#6

Reaction score
Maybe we're all just stupid and Parcells hasn't really done crap to fix this team in his 2 (going on 3) years- but the exact opposite.

Maybe the Cowboys are like an ophanage and the types of players that work best here are the reject types that Parcells "high-moral" ground has been disbanding since day 1.

Now Julius is a definate upgrade over T-Ham...but are Keyshawn and Drew (+Vinny), really that much better, if much any atall, then who they replaced....Galloway and Quincy?

Think about the past..

Aikman was too hick.

Smith was too small and too slow.

Irvin was too flamboyant and full of himself.

...yet they became our treasures.

Now lets think what may have happen to those three players had Bill been here...

And Aikman is about the only one of the three that I could say Parcells would have likely drafted or even kept. Which is a stretch still- an overall #1 like that Parcells probably would have went Defesive Tackle.. Never would have drafted a player like Emmiitt and before year one training camp him Irvin probabably would have gotten into a confortation or Bill realized about his "party habbits" and traded him.

...and the Apple Dumpling Gang never happens in Big D. The first sign of the word "triplets" we hear is in Indy. Troy just an average QB without his other 2 parts of the Triplet magic, retires after his first few concussions....no need to go on, never won anything signifciant in his football career under Bill anyway. (Oh, made it too a super bowl, but lost- like Drew)

Emmitt, so slow and small, unable to handle the cold or punishment he's taking in Green Bay's frozen tundra week after week, makes it to a mear 5,000 yards and without the drive of the Star pushing him to excel, retires.

Irvin, a league wide disgruntle wherever he goes, still remains a fan favorite... Only just like the lost legacy of Dieon Sanders, it happens for MANY teams over the course of his career after being booted out of training camp that rookie year by Mr. Tunaman.

Down in Big D, we have our glorified "high-moral" team that Bill always strives for, but aint won crap in 20 years. No 3 out of 4 because Bill dismantled our team from the inside out, never drafted those that belonged in Cowboys uniforms, and cut the rest.

In closing... Simply because one style works one place, doesn't mean it will work everywhere. Bill Parcells could be the anti-coach to a team like Dallas. All I do know though....is so far he surely hasn't been any sort of savior for this team- and there Are players most of us thought were the future of this team, only for him to discard them like yesterdays trash simply because they didn't see eye to eye on everything. Bryant and Ross come to mind immediatly. And hate it if you want, but Quincy, for us, was a better quarterback then either Vinny and possibly Drew.

It very well may have been his destiny.

And come on, a "high" busdriver is a helluva lot safer to be behind then an "eldery" busdriver. Lol. Drew is really no spring chicken either. Yet, there is still a possibility that in the one year Quincy was here, that he equals the next two years/qb's winning totals. 4-12 is not out of the realm of possibilty for this team this year even as much as people would like to think the other way.

I hate to say it but I think the only way we truly look better as a team (as evidence so far states by actions) is at TE and RB and Possession WR. Defense is really still up in the air...and all that's known now is that it went from #1 to #zillion to 3-4 scheme in the short processes of a few months tied together representing a year and a half. And our Oline has had what, one, upgrade?

Bill's "Potential" is all nice 'n dandy, but this is the do or die year for him. In fact, don't expect him to retire or quit if this year goes bad....expect Jerry to fire him.

The writing is on the wall....only so far it hasn't drawn to appealing of a picture. Like the thread started off saying.. What, we can win with Quincy and T-Ham but we can't win any other way Bill has tried..............

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
thats alot of "what ifs", and i dissagree with you that our team hasn't gotten better our defense is poised to be a true #1 defense in the next 3-5 years, our offensive line is probably the best in the league NOW and we have arguably the best running back corp in the leage we are a much improved team this year now lets win a superbowl

scottsp

Reaction score
That 2003 club stayed remarkably healthy and did little to beat itself on the field. The talent was definitely subpar to the one headed out to Oxnard this go-round. That doesn't necessarily mean we win ten games this season.

We don't know how this schedule will play out. That season, we played some teams that were hurting in terms of injuries. That might not happen this season. Then again, it might. Then again, will how good is Dallas? We don't know the answer to that just yet.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StoneyBurk said:
Well that is true. But I think it had more to do with the quality of our opponets than anything. We played some bad teams that year. Go back and look at the QB's we played again and you will see what I mean. If we would have good talent in the backfield we would have won 12 games that year.

Reaction score
It's been almost one year. Can we stop lying to ourselves and saying Quincy was a good QB? He wasn't and now he has been gone almost one year. It is time to let him go.
Here is a little something to chew on until we get signing or practice information later today.
If the Cowboys had not signed Drew Bledsoe, would he be available on the free agent market today? Like Quincy is. The answer to that question should end any comparisons between the two.
I don't hate Quincy or have any ill will towards him, in fact I wish him all the best, but he was never good enough to be the QB of my Dallas Cowboys. I don't understand why anyone here is still bringing him up in some glorified memory of what he was or could have been.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Vertigo_17, that #1 status was inflated due to a very weak and watered down schedule and getting lucky with some key guys on the other team's offense being hurt at just the right time when we played them.

Exactly.

And the same can be said about the 10 wins.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Fletch said:

That #1 defense was nice to watch, but we saw first hand what that #1 D looked like towards the tail end of the year and especially in the playoffs vs. Carolina.

So that particular excuse of "well we won due to our defense" has pretty much run it's coarse IMHO.

That's putting the square peg in the square hole Fletch... No blowing smoke up anyone's arse... For some others however... let the pretending begin. :laugh1:

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Fletch said:

I agree Fletch, just making the point the QC and Hambrick really can't take responsibility for 10-6. It was a team effort, led by a good (not great) defense w/ a bit of luck mixed in.

kartr

Reaction score
Trophy#6 said:
Maybe we're all just stupid and Parcells hasn't really done crap to fix this team in his 2 (going on 3) years- but the exact opposite.

Maybe the Cowboys are like an ophanage and the types of players that work best here are the reject types that Parcells "high-moral" ground has been disbanding since day 1.

Now Julius is a definate upgrade over T-Ham...but are Keyshawn and Drew (+Vinny), really that much better, if much any atall, then who they replaced....Galloway and Quincy?

Think about the past..

Aikman was too hick.

Smith was too small and too slow.

Irvin was too flamboyant and full of himself.

...yet they became our treasures.

Now lets think what may have happen to those three players had Bill been here...

And Aikman is about the only one of the three that I could say Parcells would have likely drafted or even kept. Which is a stretch still- an overall #1 like that Parcells probably would have went Defesive Tackle.. Never would have drafted a player like Emmiitt and before year one training camp him Irvin probabably would have gotten into a confortation or Bill realized about his "party habbits" and traded him.

...and the Apple Dumpling Gang never happens in Big D. The first sign of the word "triplets" we hear is in Indy. Troy just an average QB without his other 2 parts of the Triplet magic, retires after his first few concussions....no need to go on, never won anything signifciant in his football career under Bill anyway. (Oh, made it too a super bowl, but lost- like Drew)

Emmitt, so slow and small, unable to handle the cold or punishment he's taking in Green Bay's frozen tundra week after week, makes it to a mear 5,000 yards and without the drive of the Star pushing him to excel, retires.

Irvin, a league wide disgruntle wherever he goes, still remains a fan favorite... Only just like the lost legacy of Dieon Sanders, it happens for MANY teams over the course of his career after being booted out of training camp that rookie year by Mr. Tunaman.

Down in Big D, we have our glorified "high-moral" team that Bill always strives for, but aint won crap in 20 years. No 3 out of 4 because Bill dismantled our team from the inside out, never drafted those that belonged in Cowboys uniforms, and cut the rest.

In closing... Simply because one style works one place, doesn't mean it will work everywhere. Bill Parcells could be the anti-coach to a team like Dallas. All I do know though....is so far he surely hasn't been any sort of savior for this team- and there Are players most of us thought were the future of this team, only for him to discard them like yesterdays trash simply because they didn't see eye to eye on everything. Bryant and Ross come to mind immediatly. And hate it if you want, but Quincy, for us, was a better quarterback then either Vinny and possibly Drew.

It very well may have been his destiny.

And come on, a "high" busdriver is a helluva lot safer to be behind then an "eldery" busdriver. Lol. Drew is really no spring chicken either. Yet, there is still a possibility that in the one year Quincy was here, that he equals the next two years/qb's winning totals. 4-12 is not out of the realm of possibilty for this team this year even as much as people would like to think the other way.

I hate to say it but I think the only way we truly look better as a team (as evidence so far states by actions) is at TE and RB and Possession WR. Defense is really still up in the air...and all that's known now is that it went from #1 to #zillion to 3-4 scheme in the short processes of a few months tied together representing a year and a half. And our Oline has had what, one, upgrade?

Bill's "Potential" is all nice 'n dandy, but this is the do or die year for him. In fact, don't expect him to retire or quit if this year goes bad....expect Jerry to fire him.

The writing is on the wall....only so far it hasn't drawn to appealing of a picture. Like the thread started off saying.. What, we can win with Quincy and T-Ham but we can't win any other way Bill has tried..............

Amen brother, I think you get it.

kartr

Reaction score
johnnybluestar said:
It's been almost one year. Can we stop lying to ourselves and saying Quincy was a good QB? He wasn't and now he has been gone almost one year. It is time to let him go.
Here is a little something to chew on until we get signing or practice information later today.
If the Cowboys had not signed Drew Bledsoe, would he be available on the free agent market today? Like Quincy is. The answer to that question should end any comparisons between the two.
I don't hate Quincy or have any ill will towards him, in fact I wish him all the best, but he was never good enough to be the QB of my Dallas Cowboys. I don't understand why anyone here is still bringing him up in some glorified memory of what he was or could have been.

Very simple why we bring him up. He played against the Pats,Dolphins,Bills,Panthers,Eagles twice and the Saints pass rush with old man Richie outplaying Hambrick down the stretch. You see, with all those pro bowl players on our opponents defenses in the second half of 2003, we didn't have a running game and we didn't have receiver that anybody feared, so Quincy was our whole offense and we still won more games than we lost and put up the fifth highest passing yardage total in Cowboy history and matched Aikman's 3rd highest td total(17) in just his first full year of starting in a brand new offense.
Plus in 2002 before Parcell's got here Quincy was 18th in passing yardage before he was benched and had won 3 of 7 games putting us at the time right in the middle of the playoff race. At the end of the season with Hutch, we had lost 3 straigth once and then four straight with our passing offense dropping to 31st in the league. From 18th to 31st, I'd say that was quite a drop and winning 2 out of 9 when you were 3 of 7 against the strongest part of your schedule, I'd say Jerry Jones threw away the second half of that season for Hutch which is down right stupid.

Parcell's ate the cheese in 2003 and thought he made Quincy a playoff qb, when in reality we would have won at least 4 or 5 of our last 9 games in 2002 had qb switch not been made. Quincy's style of play(mobile pocket passers with a big arm) is what's in style today. See J.P. Losman,Kyle Boller,Jason Campbell,David Carr as well as the Culpeppers, McNabbs,etc. We had one,now we don't, so we will regress at the qb position until Parcell wakes up and gets us another one. Does that sufficiently answer your question.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Very simple why we bring him up. He played against the Pats,Dolphins,Bills,Panthers,Eagles twice and the Saints pass rush with old man Richie outplaying Hambrick down the stretch. You see, with all those pro bowl players on our opponents defenses in the second half of 2003, we didn't have a running game and we didn't have receiver that anybody feared, so Quincy was our whole offense and we still won more games than we lost and put up the fifth highest passing yardage total in Cowboy history and matched Aikman's 3rd highest td total(17) in just his first full year of starting in a brand new offense.
Plus in 2002 before Parcell's got here Quincy was 18th in passing yardage before he was benched and had won 3 of 7 games putting us at the time right in the middle of the playoff race. At the end of the season with Hutch, we had lost 3 straigth once and then four straight with our passing offense dropping to 31st in the league. From 18th to 31st, I'd say that was quite a drop and winning 2 out of 9 when you were 3 of 7 against the strongest part of your schedule, I'd say Jerry Jones threw away the second half of that season for Hutch which is down right stupid.

Parcell's ate the cheese in 2003 and thought he made Quincy a playoff qb, when in reality we would have won at least 4 or 5 of our last 9 games in 2002 had qb switch not been made. Quincy's style of play(mobile pocket passers with a big arm) is what's in style today. See J.P. Losman,Kyle Boller,Jason Campbell,David Carr as well as the Culpeppers, McNabbs,etc. We had one,now we don't, so we will regress at the qb position until Parcell wakes up and gets us another one. Does that sufficiently answer your question.
Regression, lol.

kartr

Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
I agree Fletch, just making the point the QC and Hambrick really can't take responsibility for 10-6. It was a team effort, led by a good (not great) defense w/ a bit of luck mixed in.

How did luck play apart in Quincy passing for 321,264,190 in 3 quarters against Detroit, 200+ yards against Ty Law and Tyrone Poole, 264 yards against the Panthers,288 yards against Pat Surtain and Sam Madison and 290 yards against the Saints on the road with no running game. Check Hambrick's numbers in those same games and then tell me that Quincy and Hambrick are equal talents. Then explain to me how our defense contributed to Carter throwing for all those yards when his defense wasn't even on the field at time. Maybe him throwing for all those yards kept the defense fresh.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
kartr said:

:lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
kartr said:
How did luck play apart in Quincy passing for 321,264,190 in 3 quarters against Detroit

I think 321 million plus yards in 3 quarters is a bit of an exaggeration.

But that's just me.

fortdick

Reaction score
johnnybluestar said:

AMEN! QC was not a good QB. Period!

To say that he was better than Vinnie and maybe Bledsoe is ridiculous. HE had a mediocre arm, slow release and panicked in the pocket. Being a bus driver was Parcell's way of asking CQ not to hurt the team. "Just make the routine plays and keep us out of trouble." He couldn't do it! Couldn;t keep himself outta trouble.

I don't know what game the QC supporters were watching, but it wasn't the same game I was. I was thrilled when he got released.

If we can win 10 games with QC and THam, then no telling what is in the future. I suspect another Superbowl in three years time. Depends on Henson. You don't win Superbowls with a bus driver.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
kartr said:
How did luck play apart in Quincy passing for 321,264,190 in 3 quarters against Detroit, 200+ yards against Ty Law and Tyrone Poole, 264 yards against the Panthers,288 yards against Pat Surtain and Sam Madison and 290 yards against the Saints on the road with no running game. Check Hambrick's numbers in those same games and then tell me that Quincy and Hambrick are equal talents. Then explain to me how our defense contributed to Carter throwing for all those yards when his defense wasn't even on the field at time. Maybe him throwing for all those yards kept the defense fresh.

Are you for real? The QC lovefest is long gone and for good reason. He's unemployed right now for a reason (or two).