We won but...

Nexx

Reaction score
its gonna take romo and the offense constantly taking over games because our defense is SOFT. our defense reflects our head coach who is soft and our defensive coaches who are soft. watch the pats or steelers defenses, they swarm and hit like no ones business, they arent soft. our d has a long way to go. :bang2:

zeromaster

Reaction score
Hostile;2261537 said:
Quincy is not coming back. Get over it already.
Nonetheless Hos, I hope you agree neither of those turnovers by Tony should have happened. At best they should have been an incomplete pass and a safety. Sure it's bang-bang and bodies flying around, but it's best if the QB has the coolest head on the field, and at times it just did not seem like it. Protecting the ball is often as important as advancing it.

Fortunately it's early in the season and if what Tony says is indeed true, we won't see those plays again. :rolleyes:

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
T.O81;2261405 said:
Our defense needs alot of work really. we need to stop playin so much zone, and playin of WR's for about 10 yards or so... Ill take the win , but what a heart attack i almost got... Oh boy GO COWBOYS. 1 of the best MNF ive seen.
agreed that the soft cushions need to go. pacman and henry are corners that love to play physical and thats when they are at their best. to make them play differently its making them play in a position that they are not used to. not taking away anything from the eagles but at times we made it easier for their WR's than we should have...

ladiewolve

Reaction score
What a game!!! I was up off the couch more than I was sitting. Go Cowboys!
The eagles brought it and we took it!

Grevus

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2261613 said:
Some people amaze me. You expect the defense to be perfect in week 2? Give some credit to Philly. They have an outstanding team.

The Eagles always play us tough in Dallas. I expected this game to be a little high scoring. Not exactly this high. I give the Eagles credit, but I have to Dallas, especially Romo, credit. After the 2 big mistakes he made, he should how great he will be. The Defense stepped up at the most important time. Those last sacks were because of how great of a job our secondary did at the end. If there anything I would change is….I don’t want to see Roy Williams in coverage any more this year. Other than that, everyone needs to enjoy the win, relax, and stop worrying about the defense!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Grevus;2261703 said:
If there anything I would change is….I don’t want to see Roy Williams in coverage any more this year. Other than that, everyone needs to enjoy the win, relax, and stop worrying about the defense!

Roy was out with injury for much of this game. Rumor is a fractured arm. He may be out for a long time.

Apefist

Reaction score
This was one of those games that by midway through the 2nd quarter, you knew it was going to be one of those uncommon shootouts. The losing team wasn't going to lose the game, the winning team would have to win it.

You see games all the time where it seems like each team could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory--and the penalties could have bent the effort the wrong way if another flag went against Dallas, 10 for 108 yards is unacceptable. That's giving away a whole field in a game in which field position became more of an offensive weapon with both teams throwing down some excellent returns.

The roughest and most exciting part was that both these teams, so full of pass defense playmakers, didn't play much pass defense until the 4th quarter. After those turnovers which might have proven disastrous to most other teams this early in the season (how does Minnesota, Detroit or Seattle feel right now), Dallas came out the second half and put those dang eagles down, outscoring them 17-7 over the final 2 quarters. A 30-24 halftime had us projecting a score into the 50s, but hanging 41 on the Eagles is a special thing...even if they hung 37 on us.

Last year, I got the feeling during the season that we'd play the Giants 3 times if Dallas was going to advance in the playoffs, but it's tough to beat any team--much less a playoff team--three times in one season. This year, I think we'll see the Eagles in the playoffs as well, and maybe the Giants, too, but with a much different outcome. This kind of game is the hook that snagged me so long ago. Why pro football is the greatest sport.

How cool is it to have total faith in your running game for short yardage situations? And how cool is it to face 3rd and longs all confident like that? And to know that when you need a stop, Ellis or Ware or Canty (fill in the blank) will come up with the big play? I love seeing McNabb with his helmet askew and pulled over his eyes, his shoulder pad hanging out his jersey, and him trying to see the replay to figure out what just happened. It's a look I've seen Dallas give to Theisman, Phil Simms, Steve Young, Jim Kelly...:starspin 2-0

DALLAS D

Reaction score
Hostile;2261415 said:
Yeah, by all means do not tip your hat to a great Eagles team.

exactly..when two strong offenses meet. with good offensive lines, give the QB enough time and they will burn anyone. To our defenses credit, they actually sacked the QB. It was cardiac but Big Dware and the D pulled it off in the end..