We Won!

notherbob

Reaction score
If anyone wonders why I have been in a negative state of mind for a while, it was because the state legislature, a utility company and the Public Utility Commission have all been trying to put a big powerline with 150' tall steel latticework towers carrying 345,000 volts across our ranch running right in front of our house. We have been fighting it for almost a year and we finally won our battle and they are going to take a different route and we won't even be able to see it from where we live. YAYYYYYYY!!!!!

We had to convince the judge of the soundness of our arguments and we did and the judge recommended in our favor and then we had to convince the three PUC commissioners of the value of our case and they ruled unanimously in our favor and the threat has been removed and I feel like I just got released from prison after being convicted on a bum rap. It is hard to explain how oppressive it feels or how depressing it can be with your beautiful view ruined for life by something that may even make you sick. At first we didn't think we had a chance but we got involved and made a difference even though the cards seemed stacked against us. There's a lesson in that.

I had to tell somebody.

If anyone else is faced with a similar problem and wants to know what worked for us, PM me and I'll fill you in on the details.

Life is good again.

I feel like a whole new person.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
notherbob;3380723 said:
If anyone wonders why I have been in a negative state of mind for a while, it was because the state legislature, a utility company and the Public Utility Commission have all been trying to put a big powerline with 150' tall steel latticework towers carrying 345,000 volts across our ranch running right in front of our house. We have been fighting it for almost a year and we finally won our battle and they are going to take a different route and we won't even be able to see it from where we live. YAYYYYYYY!!!!!

We had to convince the judge of the soundness of our arguments and we did and the judge recommended in our favor and then we had to convince the three PUC commissioners of the value of our case and they ruled unanimously in our favor and the threat has been removed and I feel like I just got released from prison after being convicted on a bum rap. It is hard to explain how oppressive it feels or how depressing it can be with your beautiful view ruined for life by something that may even make you sick. At first we didn't think we had a chance but we got involved and made a difference even though the cards seemed stacked against us. There's a lesson in that.

I had to tell somebody.

If anyone else is faced with a similar problem and wants to know what worked for us, PM me and I'll fill you in on the details.

Life is good again.

I feel like a whole new person.

:bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap:
Congrats Bob, that eyesore would have put a damper on a lot folks. Good news to hear that you won the fight!

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
That's great bob. It's ridiculous that a company is so insensitive and money hungry that they would wanna put such an eyesore in someones yard. If they want it so bad they should build it in their yard and live with it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bob, my Mom is going to have some skin graft surgery on May 12th. Send her an e-mail and if she needs any of your magic, I will pay for it.

Congrats, I know how much you wanted the pristine views of your shangri la.

ologan

Reaction score
Congrats Bob! Couldn't having a major power line that close to your home also be dangerous?