Weather conditions for tonight game

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheKey said:
"Strong Storms" at 7 and 8 oclock tonight for Dallas. Besides the thing with Bledsoe, everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that it will be hard for JJ and TO to make cuts on the wet field.

doesnt the other team have to make cuts too?

David

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Yes the other team has to make cuts but that is our biggest advantage.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
5 minutes from the place with the hole in the roof and it's coming down pretty good right. According to the news, the rain should passs some time tonite.

Bizwah

Reaction score
It's been raining where I live....wreaking havoc on my satellite feed....but we desperately need the rain.

About Bledsoe and throwing a wet football....

I remember his first or second year in the NFL. A hurricane was heading for FL and the Pats were playing the Fins.

Bledsoe threw the heck out of the football that day....throwing for well over 400 yards. He and Marino had a shootout.

There was a ridiculous amount of rain falling. Not only that, but Bledsoe played at Wazzu. There was constant snow and rain there.

I don't think a wet ball poses that big of a problem for him.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Why would they cover a turf field? That's what we have the hump in the middle of the field for.

I saw a live shot of the stadium this morning, and there was a tarp on the field. I guess covering it works better than just trying to let it drain from all the rain we've gotten.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I recommend all Cowboys fans attending the game tonight bring a tarp and some yarn.

We can cover this stadium.

Bring the yarn.

C'mon SP, that's just ridiculous.

Polyester is much better suited for rainy conditions :D

utrunner07

Reaction score
Catch-22 said:
I can't wait until we get in a dome

Why? So we can be like all of the other pathetic teams with a dome? Dome = weakness, its saying well you can only play your best in certain conditions and so we are going to simulate those conditions for you. (it also says that jones is a money grubbing old man). Football was meant to be played in the weather, think of the Cowboy's most memorable games, the Ice Bowl, the NFC Championship in San Fran...Screw the domes! Bring on the Rain! (and as a result bring on Romo!)

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Why? So we can be like all of the other pathetic teams with a dome? Dome = weakness, its saying well you can only play your best in certain conditions and so we are going to simulate those conditions for you
uh, no. SO YOU CAN CLOSE THE ROOF WHEN YOU NEED TO.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
utrunner07 said:
Why? So we can be like all of the other pathetic teams with a dome? Dome = weakness, its saying well you can only play your best in certain conditions and so we are going to simulate those conditions for you. (it also says that jones is a money grubbing old man). Football was meant to be played in the weather, think of the Cowboy's most memorable games, the Ice Bowl, the NFC Championship in San Fran...Screw the domes! Bring on the Rain! (and as a result bring on Romo!)
While I don't disagree with you... the football purist in me won't let me... the NFL and the casual fan probably does. They want points, and rainy, sloppy games prevent high scoring, air it out games

utrunner07

Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
uh, no. SO YOU CAN CLOSE THE ROOF WHEN YOU NEED TO.

um...when would you need to? thats what I am saying you should not need to close a roof for a football game, play in the rain or snow. I don't understand how your reply refutes what I said.