Weather conditions for tonight game

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
There will be no excuses for Mr Bledsoe or the rest of this team. I'm not one to buy into the wet ball thing, if I'm correct, I think they switch balls every down while one is being dried or sits in a towel or something. - If someone can confirm this .

DBoys

Reaction score
Clove said:
There will be no excuses for Mr Bledsoe or the rest of this team. I'm not one to buy into the wet ball thing, if I'm correct, I think they switch balls every down while one is being dried or sits in a towel or something. - If someone can confirm this .

I agree if Bledsoe lays an egg tonight it is time to get his rear out of there. He has nobody to blame except for himself.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Man, you would think that a QB that played in Buffalo and NE would know how to throw a wet ball....Not only that, he played college ball where it rains quite a bit.

ghst187

Reaction score
great, will probably mean a more conservative gameplan on our part...
(banghead)

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
First Aikman, now Bledsoe. I am tired of Dallas QBs having problems with wet balls. Why don't we ever hear this about other teams QBs? Football is an outdoor game people.

CantonBound08

Reaction score
tomson75 said:
mmmm. i disagree.

also, didn't someone point out last week how poorly Bledsoe tends to play in inclement weather?
I disagree as well. If it is a turd-floater out there, they still have Duckett and Betts running the ball. Duckett is a big-boy. I'll take a thumper over a scat-back in inclement weather any day of the week. Remember Lincoln Coleman against Miami in the early 90's?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimz31 said:
Man, you would think that a QB that played in Buffalo and NE would know how to throw a wet ball....Not only that, he played college ball where it rains quite a bit.
I haven't actually seen a direct quote from anyone connected to the NFL stating that Bledsoe has problems throwing wet footballs.

This is more messageboard hype than reality. Someone stated it...and others took it as fact. One person actually gave examples of it, and then another poster disputed it.

As of now, there is nothing anyone can say conclusively about Bledsoe and bad weather. If he's been bad, he's just been bad. If he's good, he's just been good.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
DBoys said:
For those of you not living in DFW it is coming down pretty hard right now.

Hopefully its getting it out of its system now.

odog422

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
I haven't actually seen a direct quote from anyone connected to the NFL stating that Bledsoe has problems throwing wet footballs.

This is more messageboard hype than reality. Someone stated it...and others took it as fact. One person actually gave examples of it, and then another poster disputed it.

As of now, there is nothing anyone can say conclusively about Bledsoe and bad weather. If he's been bad, he's just been bad. If he's good, he's just been good.

well stated. and i agree 100%.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I don't think it matters much how good Bledsoe is in the rain. Our biggest advantage tonight is our WRs versus their depleted secondary and the rain helps to negate that somewhat. Although TO's ability to gain some YAC may be key.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I may've missed this, but where is it reported that Bledsoe had trouble throwing a wet ball last week?

I didn't see the ball slip out of his hand

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:

Yeah? How was his college performance? Good, wasn't it? So what's the point here?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tenkamenin said:
I may've missed this, but where is it reported that Bledsoe had trouble throwing a wet ball last week?

I didn't see the ball slip out of his hand
That's cuz it wasn't.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
"Strong Storms" at 7 and 8 oclock tonight for Dallas. Besides the thing with Bledsoe, everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that it will be hard for JJ and TO to make cuts on the wet field.

superpunk

Reaction score
I recommend all Cowboys fans attending the game tonight bring a tarp and some yarn.

We can cover this stadium.

Bring the yarn.