Weather Could Dominate Playoffs. And Snow Zebras?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fwiw
Rams have a retractable roof that covers the field
yes more like a carport instead of fully enclosed etc i find it very weird that most of the team's city's that play in mostly favorable weather have indoor stadiums, the ones that need then ie many big north and NE teams do not.

they feel its A home field advantage, I disagree they also have to play in it and we have seen those games, they dont have distinct advantage as what maybe 2 games year are played in it and that doesn't give them a distinct advantage. humans are humans and weather effects everyone.

it effects the quality of the game and not a great way to determines whose better when you battle the extreme elements,

Aven8

Reaction score
Weather and the elements are part of football. If we make it to GB it is what it is. It will level the playing field. Today they have all sorts of warming clothes that are thin and breathable. Back in the ice bowl those dudes wore long Johns and panty hose etc

fivetwos

Reaction score
Any chance Philly beats the Packers and we get to host the NFCC game?
I'm not even sure I want to root for Philly to beat Tampa.

They would have about zero shot to oust GB. I'd probably rather have the LA/Arizona winner go there and try to bump them off.

Tampa losing bumps us to the second best seed left though....

I'd say that while Philly beating Tampa increases our chances of GETTING to the CG, it lessens our shot of winning it.

I plan on exhausting little emotion on that game with ours just after.

DFWJC

Reaction score

They would have about zero shot to oust GB. I'd probably rather have the LA/Arizona winner go there and try to bump them off.

I'd say that while Philly beating Tampa increases our chances of GETTING to the CG, it lessens our shot of winning it.

I'm not pulling for Philly...period.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I’ve always believed that if you play above a certain latitude you should’ve required to have a stadium with indoor capabilities. The reason is games in Green Bay in January played at 5 below zero do not determine who the best team is, they only determine who is best at playing in those niche conditions. And often that’s not Green Bay (or whatever team is the home team). Weather lost the Packers the 2007 NFC Championship game.

Football is about who the best team is, not who is best at playing in miserable conditions. If you played every game in a blinding snow storm a team like the Saints would win it all.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

If we see Philly again we will annihilate them and be Super Bowl bound.

T-RO

Reaction score
Fwiw
Rams have a retractable roof that covers the field

Well, they had a thunderstorm earlier this year that forced the delay of the game! It's a weird semi-canopy or something.

T-RO

Reaction score
I know some people like seeing these crazy weather games but I hate them, especially in the playoffs. You've got all of these franchises working maniacally year 'round to get a spot in the tournament only to have your chances reduced to 50/50 because of weather.

I don't like my teams playing in crazy weather. Big wind is the worst.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, they had a thunderstorm earlier this year that forced the delay of the game! It's a weird semi-canopy or something.
If there is lightening, they will delay there

T-RO

Reaction score
Here comes Mr. Freeze:

"A game-time temperature of 4 degrees or lower at Highmark Stadium would put the game among the top 10 coldest ever NFL playoff games, according to Stathead, a sports research database."