Weather where you are

triplets_93

Reaction score
https://www.accuweather.com/en/wint...a-nevada-with-over-100-inches-of-snow/1626644

The storm will create potentially deadly travel conditions along two major arteries in California.

"Donner Pass, California, along Interstate 80 and segments of I-5 in Northern California to Siskiyou Summit in southern Oregon are likely to close," Rayno added.

There is a high risk of motorists becoming stranded due to the incredible snowfall rates and the likelihood that road crews will be unable to keep up with the storm until it concludes late this weekend. This includes roads to and from the ski resorts in the region. Conditions may be life-threatening for those who become stuck outdoors in the storm.

The combination of heavy snow and high winds is likely to lead to power outages that could take many days, if not weeks, to resolve in isolated areas. Those in backwood locations will need a safe means of heat and plenty of food. Experts warn that chimneys and exhaust from furnaces will need to be kept open to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
CA has been hammered -weather wise - the past few weeks. Torrential rains and flooding followed by this snow storm.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just viewed a video on the Weather Channel of areas around Tahoe and Donner Pass. Blizzard conditions and uncredible amounts of snow and, surprisingly, there were a number of vehicles on the road.

i couldn't help but notice the large number of EV's amongst the many vehicles stopped on the road. I wonder if they are having second thoughts regarding their EV purchase?

triplets_93

Reaction score
I just viewed a video on the Weather Channel of areas around Tahoe and Donner Pass. Blizzard conditions and uncredible amounts of snow and, surprisingly, there were a number of vehicles on the road.

i couldn't help but notice the large number of EV's amongst the many vehicles stopped on the road. I wonder if they are having second thoughts regarding their EV purchase?
Blizzard conditions along I-80 temporarily trapped hundreds of vehicles overnight, California Highway Patrol officers told ABC News on Saturday. An estimated 200 to 300 vehicles -- including a mix of passenger cars and big rigs -- were stuck from approximately 5 p.m. PT Friday to 2:30 a.m. PT Saturday over Donner Summit, officers said. With the help of tow trucks, everyone was able to get out and no vehicles were abandoned, officers said. There were no injuries or medical emergencies reported.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/blizzard-california-sierra-nevada-mountains/story?id=107743226

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It's been the craziest winter in my lifetime without a doubt.

I have not had to plow the driveway even one time. We launched my buddies boat Sunday in a spot we should still be driving on, over two plus feet of ice. The frost is already out of the ground in many places. The sap is running early, but if it stays as warm as it's been it will be a very short run.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m up in Maine for a couple of weeks and we got six inches of snow overnight. It is still like a blizzard and this Houston guy has rarely seen this :muttley:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The weather is equally weird in MT. For most of the past couple of weeks, we've had daytime highs in the mid-50's and no rain or snow. Many of the disciduous trees already have buds.

Supposedly that changes this weekend with a winter storm warning, snow and temperatures dropping back to the high 20's