Wed. Sr. Bowl

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I was concentrating on McNeil for 3 plays during team drills and he didn't look good on any of them.

First play was was a pass. He was beaten to the edge by a speed rush.

Second play. Run. He did a nice job chipping then getting to the second level but nearly missed the lb. Not a bad play though.

Third play. Sweep left. He did a decent job getting out in space but was off balance driven backwards.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
I was concentrating on McNeil for 3 plays during team drills and he didn't look good on any of them.

Second play. Run. He did a nice job chipping then getting to the second level but nearly missed the lb. Not a bad play though.

Third play. Sweep left. He did a decent job getting out in space but was off balance driven backwards.

This is one of the reason's I'm more in favor of a lighter more agile LT like Scott or Winston. Spped rushers always kill these big heavy LT's...move Flo to the right side and bring in an agile OT at Left...Winston is my prefered.

Hiero

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
This is one of the reason's I'm more in favor of a lighter more agile LT like Scott or Winston. Spped rushers always kill these big heavy LT's...move Flo to the right side and bring in an agile OT at Left...Winston is my prefered.
move our pro bowler to the lesser spot so we can start a rookie at LT? I would much rather just take McNeill who fits perfectly at RT at RT and keep Flozell at the more important position where he is a pro bowler.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
They had a nice little spotlight on Manny Lawson today too and said his stock is rising fast. They even had a direct comparison to DeMarcus Ware however they are all talking as if someone is going to draft him as a DE still.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:

I only saw one game he played, in the Bowl game against Texas Tech I think, and concentrated on his play. Wasn't impressed at all. He was pushed around sometimes and sometimes he did play well. But for the hype he got, I expected lot more.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Hiero said:
move our pro bowler to the lesser spot so we can start a rookie at LT? I would much rather just take McNeill who fits perfectly at RT at RT and keep Flozell at the more important position where he is a pro bowler.

I know some don't like that idea, but Flo has been to one legit probowl...the other was an after thought. He is dominant against big strong DE's, but struggles against speed rushers....I would love to put him in the righside and get a legit agile LT. That's just my preference...Seattle is prime example with Walter.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'd rather we draft Daryn Colledge in the 2nd/3rd, he just manhandled Kiwi a few minutes ago

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I'd rather we draft Daryn Colledge in the 2nd/3rd, he just manhandled Kiwi a few minutes ago
I love Colledge..He's fast and has great feet. I would defenitely take him at 18 in the second round.

However, I do think we will get another 2nd pick to get a big DT.

I also saw the piece on Lawson, and they are nuts if they think he can play DE... He is definitely an OLB in the pros. We should pick him at 18 for sure.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I also saw the piece on Lawson, and they are nuts if they think he can play DE... He is definitely an OLB in the pros. We should pick him at 18 for sure.

he goes 240, yes, they are nuts if they think he could play DE in the pros

18 it is then ;)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
he goes 240, yes, they are nuts if they think he could play DE in the pros

18 it is then ;)
It's a done deal. Let's call Jerrah and get the ink ready:D

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

Not a knock on Colledge, but it seems like everyone is manhandling Kiwi. It's looking more and more that he falls to the second round.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Not a knock on Colledge, but it seems like everyone is manhandling Kiwi. It's looking more and more that he falls to the second round.

understood, but Colledge has the best LT potential outside of Ferguson and John Scott IMO

long, lean, extremely explosive, nasty demeanor

cowboys19

Reaction score
Why isnt Colledge being considered a 1st round pick.

what are his weaknesses, not saying i dont like the guy but will he last to us at 50?

Hiero

Reaction score
cowboys19 said:
Why isnt Colledge being considered a 1st round pick.

what are his weaknesses, not saying i dont like the guy but will he last to us at 50?
weakness= size and strength and run blocking. I know hes a good pass blocker, but I am not sure if he fits the RT mold, I see him more of a pass blocking LT for the speed rushers. maybe we can get this guy and move flozell over but I would prefer to just keep flozell there unless bill wants them to move.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I saw that play - he got into Kiwi - decleated him and power drove him straight into the ground.

Colledge making some $ this week. Kiwi may free fall at this pace. He should have stayed home and wrested on his perceived laurels. :laugh1:

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
understood, but Colledge has the best LT potential outside of Ferguson and John Scott IMO

long, lean, extremely explosive, nasty demeanor

I'd add Winston to that club to....best LT options in order:
Ferguson
Winston
Scott
Colledge

RT options:
Justice
McNeil
O'Callaghan
Whitworth

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

Colledge is a football player and a starter first week of the regular season.