News: Week 2 - Power Rankings

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think the 49ers being above us is definitely fair. They showed in all 3 phases that they are great.

Chiefs being above us is stupid. They looked awful and let a young, albeit a mostly inexperienced, Lions team beat them. Missing Kelce is not an excuse.

Eagles were in the Super Bowl last year and offense looked great against the Pats, at least Hurts and their O-line did. Their defense looked awful. I’d still put them above us because they actually have post season success.

Miami being above us is debate-able. They have the same problem as us but the opposite. Great offense, suspicious defense. Meanwhile we have a great defense, but suspicious offense. I guess it just depends on what you value more.

Jets being above us is…. Also debate-able. Rallying a win against a divisional rival in the fashion they did is tough. Losing a starter like A-rod and going to someone like Zach Wilson is not easy but they did it. Their defense and team attitude showed a lot of promise.

These are the only teams I’d be willing to put above us.
I can accept 49ers above us. They have punked us every year in the Playoffs and season just began. Now, if we beat them in a few weeks and are STILL behind them, then Houston, we have a problem.

Same for Eagles. Even though I don't worry about them as much as the Niners, even though our loss last year was without Dak, even though they only beat the Niners because they didn't have a QB to field, they did make it to the Super Bowl, and we need to beat them at least once to go above them.

I can accept the Chiefs too even if they lost. They are the defending champs after all.

What I can't accept is Dolphins, Bills, Jets, or any other team I missed that is above us. We are #4 minimum based on week one.

Fins allowed a shoot out, that doesn't win championships..... Jets don't have Rogers and squeaked it out last night even being given tons of turnovers..... and Bills, see previous comment.