Week 3 is done. Dare to make a revision of wins and losses?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry castrated Fat Mike before the season and the coaches and players know it. I thought 10 and 7 and a wild card playoff spot. We lost talent that was not replaced. Loss of on the field talent and lame duck coaches is a recipe for disaster. Dak would have to actually play like the highest paid player in the league for us to make the playoffs now. That won't happen because the O line is worse right now.

Coaching can make a difference when talent is close, but it won't mask a severe lack of talent.
If we play offense like we did in the fourth quarter against the Baltimore, this could be the start of a new thing. After all it still just only preseason the first three games in my opinion. Two or three teams that are clearly above the rest.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was in the 9 win crowd (Depending on which thread you refer back to I guess), still sounds about right to me. I dont think the wheels really fall off unless they lose this Thursday. Dropping 3 straight including one from the Giants and you probably see a lot of guys making business decisions on the field.
I think we follow through from the fourth quarter. Looks like a different team maybe we can maintain that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I still think they will win a lot of games this year ....... then the playoffs will start ........ and we lose in the first round ...... then Dak will say they will get better ........ Jerry will say how they are gonna make changes ........... they will do nothing in free agency ........ We will blow out some crappy team the first game of 2025 season ......... the Dak and Jerry lovers will be crowing like crazy ......... rinse and repeat.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think we follow through from the fourth quarter. Looks like a different team maybe we can maintain that.
Very possible. NY has some players so its not a gimme win, but the Cowboys are certainly the more talented team this week. The comeback attempt is the one thing that is giving me any sort of hope, a lot of guys would have just packed it in down 28-6. We at least know there is a good chunk of this team that is willing to go down swinging if they're going down. I just think there isnt much time left to rally, it has to be now.

stinkface

Reaction score
Ravens played zone the last quarter and Dak does better against zone unless he under pressure and he wasn't. I give them credit fir fighting back. That said Henry averaged 6 yards a carry. Everyone knows we can't stop the run. It is our Achilles heel.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My prediction was the wheels come off within the first 7 weeks. I don't know what happens beyond that for a final record, but I'm sticking with that initial prediction. MM fired by November. If they hadn't been stupid enough to sign Dak to an extension, I'd say he would be in danger of losing his starting job by then too if the offense doesn't find some life. They should have kept him and Lamb on prove it contracts so if it all went to pot like it is right now, they could have traded Lamb for some high draft picks.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Initially had 5-12, with wins from the Browns, Saints (lol), one win from both Washington and NYG, and Carolina.

Well. I have modified my prediction to 1-16.

Washington looks very very good. Maybe even better than Philly. Daniels is the best QB in the division and the defense looks good. We’re getting swept by Washington (unless they win the division already by the end of the year and give us a win since their playoff spot will be secured but we’ll see)

NYG is looking okay. Not good. Better than us by a long shot. We’ll probably get blown out by them both times.

Carolina looks good with Dalton so that’s now a probable loss.

Falcons beat Philly. Held their own against KC. They’re a tough, physical and a big fundamentals football team, which we struggle against. Looking to be another blowout.

Bengals look bad but I like their coaching and QB better. So I’ll take the Bengals in a close win (maybe. Might be a blowout too if the team continues the trend).

Everyone else is going to demolish this team. Eagles will still sweep, Washington sweep, likely NYG sweep. NFC South will continue to dismantle us. Steelers defense is going to hold us to possibly even negative points if possible with that defense. Lions going to blow us out. Packers as always will blow us out. 49ers will blow us out as always, possibly breaking a record this time around. Vikings look good and will blow us out. Texans will probably blow us out too.

This team is hot garbage and full of a bunch of untrained rodeo clowns that stumbled upon a football team and got suited up and now act as some sort of pseudo football team that fooled a senile owner into believing they can compete and are worthy of some of the highest paid contracts in NFL history. Just a bunch of tools only to end up in the NFL toilet bowl for the number 1 draft pick.
How exactly does Washington's defense look good?
Tampa scored a ton, and the Bengals scored on every possession except one with a missed FG. They're actually giving up more yards than the Cowboys, and right around the same amount of points.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I originally stated many times 8-9 or 9-8, with 10-6 being an overachievement. I now think 8-9 would be an overachievement. I feel we are a 6 win team. 7 wins at best.

Redline360

Reaction score
Had us either 3-3 or 2-4 before the bye week. So far had the first three right.

Browns - win
Saints - loss
Raves - loss
Giants - win
Steelers - early trap game
Lions - loss

Jarntt

Reaction score
Here is my prediction as how the season will end.

Giants - W
Steelers - L
Lions - L
49ers - L
Falcons - L
Eagles - W
Texans - L
Commanders - L
Giants - W
Bengals - W
Panhters - W
Bucs - L
Eagles - L
Commanders - L

Record of

W = 6
L = 11

Any comments?
Right now, I'd be surprised if we lost 4 in a row and very surprised if Washington swept us. BUT...I'd like to hold off until Friday morning to make a more confident statement on either...
As far as a win total goes, I just can't even guess at that right now