News: Week 3 Power Rankings NFL.com

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
While this is great, I expect a decline in the power rankings sooner or later. The offense has been playing lights out, however, I believe the luck will run out defensively. While the defense has not allowed many TD's, they have allowed many yards, which will translate to TD's down the line when we face bigger and hungrier opponents. The Offense of the Rams and Patriots will not allow such a measly defense to stop them. We need to get fumbles. We need to get interceptions. The Browns held the Rams to 20 points. Myles Garrett on the Browns is a beast, however, the Browns defense is not "top notch". Our defense will have a bad day against those Rams. Defense will need to get better ASAP.

amame25

Reaction score
While this is great, I expect a decline in the power rankings sooner or later. The offense has been playing lights out, however, I believe the luck will run out defensively. While the defense has not allowed many TD's, they have allowed many yards, which will translate to TD's down the line when we face bigger and hungrier opponents. The Offense of the Rams and Patriots will not allow such a measly defense to stop them. We need to get fumbles. We need to get interceptions. The Browns held the Rams to 20 points. Myles Garrett on the Browns is a beast, however, the Browns defense is not "top notch". Our defense will have a bad day against those Rams. Defense will need to get better ASAP.

So if the Browns defense is not "top notch" and still held the Rams to 20 why is it that we would have such a bad day against them? Is our offense not capable of scoring more than the Browns? Is our defense worse than the Browns?

Verdict

Reaction score
So if the Browns defense is not "top notch" and still held the Rams to 20 why is it that we would have such a bad day against them? Is our offense not capable of scoring more than the Browns? Is our defense worse than the Browns?

Browns defense has a TON of talent. Boat loads.

Verdict

Reaction score
The Browns were without their entire secondary in that game. Are you saying that the Cowboys have no talent on their defense?

I didn’t really compare the two. Lol. I just said the Browns have a ton of talent on their defense. Their DL beats our DL all to hell though.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Still can’t believe some had us ranked in the mid teens before the season started.

This.

An extremely young team that finished in the Elite 8 of the NFL in 2018, and added talent including Cobb and Quinn in the offseason suddenly gets hopscotched by the Eagles as Divisional favorites despite the season sweep. And starts at 16 in the (still meaningless) power polls?

Riiiiiight.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Love it. After the iggles lose Thursday, stick a fork in them.

Eagles play @Packers on a short week, the Jets after a Jets’ bye week, then @Vikings and @Cowboys. It’s very likely they’ll be 2-5.

Then they’ve got @Bills, Bears, Patriots and Seahawks. Long story short, they might very well get to 8 losses before Thanksgiving Day.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dallas has beaten #23, #30, and #32. Yeah, that's soooooo worth a top 5 spot.