Weekend at Bernies Loan Sharks? CRAZY...

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=15&art_id=vn20040608025040945C328539&set_id=1

Dead man arrives at bank for his pension

June 08 2004 at 02:50AM

By Hendrick Mphande

A shocked FNB customer on Monday described her disbelief at seeing three people, believed to be loan sharks, pushing a corpse in a wheelchair into the North End branch "to make a pension withdrawal".

Officials at Mount Road police mortuary on Monday identified the dead man as Thozamile Patrick Apolis, 40, of Magi Street, Zwide.

Mimi Maku, who witnessed the event on Friday, said two men and a woman arrived at the bank in a bakkie.

"Immediately the trio forced the body of Apolis into a wheelchair and proceeded straight to the teller."

"When the teller requested that Apolis sign, the woman said he was sick and she was his next of kin."

Maku said the teller insisted that they wake Apolis, so another bank client tried to check his pulse.

Earlier the trio had apparently taken Apolis to Home Affairs to get an identity document so that he could "withdraw his pension money".

FNB Provincial executive in the Eastern Cape, Gareth Davies, said one of the men, a Mr Manyonya, allegedly introduced himself to bank officials as Apolis's cousin.

"FNB staff immediately contacted Netcare 911 when there was no response from the man," Davies said.

Police spokesperson Thembi Gwe said they would investigate if complaints were laid by FNB or Apolis's relatives.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Un-freaking-believable ... and what the heck was the staff at Home Affairs thinking when they issued the identification!

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reef Engineer said:
Un-freaking-believable ... and what the heck was the staff at Home Affairs thinking when they issued the identification!

You tell me....I think this would be something you might try ;) :p

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
You tell me....I think this would be something you might try

There are no photos, you can't prove anything! I was home ... brushing my hair ... on my back.

Yeah, that's the ticket. :D