Weird draft!

stiletto

Reaction score
Yeah weird draft, perfect description. Seems like all the players that would've made it a home run draft were picked one or two positions before we came up. Close to getting several guys that I thought would be difference makers.

Hopefully the scouting team did their homework. Biggest plus is every pick was Defense, so I will give props there. AT LEAST they recognize the team needs a lot of work on that side (it's obvious but we never know with Jethro and company).

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
really hard ot care much any more the jones have put this team in the ditch and i dont see it coming out until there is a new gm and front office to handle things

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how little these guys value the safety position. They passed on Molden 3 times in the 3rd round

They think having scrubs out there will work somehow

landroverking

Reaction score
Won’t really know for a couple of years, but as of right now this draft lacks heart.

Gaede

Reaction score
Well, we've passed the good rounds and I think it's safe to say: We're knee deep in the middle of a bad draft.

kevm3

Reaction score
Why give the front office props for something so devastatingly obvious that even a 3 year old could realize the issue? We had the worst defense in cowboys history and one of the worst in nfl history and instead of using free agency and the draft to fix it, we're going to field a team that may be even WORSE. We better hope Quinn can do something unprecedented.

conner01

Reaction score
I can kinda get the dline guys
We can move on from Armstrong and we lost Crawford
I can’t get the Wright pick
I don’t think he was even a draft worthy player let alone a 3rd round pick
If we just keep sitting and waiting then half our picks won’t make the team
What’s the point in drafting a guy who isn’t gonna make the team
Rather use the picks to move up or trade them for future picks when you don’t have so many picks

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I can kinda get the dline guys
We can move on from Armstrong and we lost Crawford
I can’t get the Wright pick
I don’t think he was even a draft worthy player let alone a 3rd round pick
If we just keep sitting and waiting then half our picks won’t make the team
What’s the point in drafting a guy who isn’t gonna make the team
Rather use the picks to move up or trade them for future picks when you don’t have so many picks

I agree half of the players drafted probably won't make the team. It takes two to tango. Maybe the Cowboys were trying to trade up or would like to trade some picks this year for picks next year but found no takers.