Weird Playoff Scenario

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
If the Cowboys, Cardinals, Eagles and Packers all win this weekend, then the Cowboys beat the Eagles in Dallas while the Packers beat the Cardinals in Arizona, the odds are really high that we would see those exact same games in the exact same stadiums the following weekend.

Has that ever happened before?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3170071 said:
If the Cowboys, Cardinals, Eagles and Packers all win this weekend, then the Cowboys beat the Eagles in Dallas while the Packers beat the Cardinals in Arizona, the odds are really high that we would see those exact same games in the exact same stadiums the following weekend.

So if that happened, would we be the 3 seed vs 6 seed matchup or the 4/5?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a 4 seed vs 5 seeded GB. Then we would go to Minny the next week, and I'd love to watch the Boys win a playoff game in person.

And as an added bonus, it'd only be a few weeks after the Orange Bowl.

These next few weeks can be football heaven for me...or they can be hell too.

Reaction score
Joe Rod;3170071 said:

I think the league should be playing NFC vs. AFC games the last week of the season to avoid such scenarios. I think playing the same team 2 weeks in a row detracts from the Wild Card games because it just seems like a re-run from the week before. I don't want to play Philly 2 weeks in a row but that is a very likely scenario right now.

I know very few would agree with me but that's my feelings on it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RXP;3170271 said:
I think the league should be playing NFC vs. AFC games the last week of the season to avoid such scenarios. I think playing the same team 2 weeks in a row detracts from the Wild Card games because it just seems like a re-run from the week before. I don't want to play Philly 2 weeks in a row but that is a very likely scenario right now.

I know very few would agree with me but that's my feelings on it.

I don't mind playing PHI three times, but I agree that playing them twice is a row has the potential to be really boring. It could be cool, though, if team A gets blown out in game one and then comes back and wins the rematch.

Fmart322

Reaction score
I don't think we've lost to a NFC Central/North team since the Ice Bowl. Correct me if I'm wrong.