Welcome back Nick Folk

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
he was in a mini slump the last month....but today he broke out of it and got back to his old self....it is great to have him back.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Biggems;2438605 said:
he was in a mini slump the last month....but today he broke out of it and got back to his old self....it is great to have him back.

folk is indeed....:money:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I don't understand how he can be so good at fieldgoals yet suck so bad at kickoffs:confused:

Skin

Reaction score
Rampage;2438660 said:
I don't understand how he can be so good at fieldgoals yet suck so bad at kickoffs:confused:

He doesn't suck at kickoffs. He is being told to kick the ball to the corners between the numbers and the sideline. Brad explained it on the broadcast and I could tell by his voice, he is not very supportive of that philosophy, nor am I.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rampage;2438660 said:

His leg is deadly to about 55-58 yards. Ill take that all day and give up no touchbacks. Our coverages have gotten a LOT better lately.

Props to Mr. Polk. What a fine signing he has been.

Great Game Mr Folk

71014_MoneyHappiness_vl-vertical.jpg

jbsg02

Reaction score
so solid today, I guess we'll just have to live with the kickoffs

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a very good feeling to know that he can walk onto the field and put the ball between those uprights consistently. Also a great feeling that he will be a Cowboy for a long long time.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If they didn't make him do that awful directional kicking he'd do so much better on his kickoffs. It's just that this team has zero belief in the special teams to cover so they thy and directional kick to give themselves a better shot.

dback

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2438719 said:
If they didn't make him do that awful directional kicking he'd do so much better on his kickoffs. It's just that this team has zero belief in the special teams to cover so they thy and directional kick to give themselves a better shot.

Also, to follow up your point, when he was not directional kicking he was line driving those kicks giving coverage zero time to get down field.

Reaction score
Rampage;2438660 said:

He actually improved the hang time after the 1st kickoff... I think he'll get better but some guys just can't kickoff well.

morieeel

Reaction score
Skin;2438687 said:
He doesn't suck at kickoffs. He is being told to kick the ball to the corners between the numbers and the sideline. Brad explained it on the broadcast and I could tell by his voice, he is not very supportive of that philosophy, nor am I.

Yep, heard that too from Brad. Another reason to start a firebrucereed.com website.::bang2:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Biggems;2438605 said:

what slump? he's missed two all year

he just hasnt been getting many attempts until today.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jbsg02;2438690 said:
so solid today, I guess we'll just have to live with the kickoffs

I really could care less how he kicks off...you pay kickers to make field goals and extra pts mroe than anything else...or would you like somebody that kicks them high and long on kickoffs and blows 35-40 yd fg's left and right all the time?

Folk's kickoffs are not great, but if the coverage units were worth a damn nobody would say jack about it.

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
Folks is prolly one of the best kickers ive seen on the cowboys.
I'm glad he's out of his little slump he was in.
I think it was great signing polk he had an awesome game
i loved his aggression he had.
going to be awesome watching him on thursday enjoying some turkey!