Welcome to the NFL

Champsheart

Reaction score
Choice!

It is your time, you have been waiting for this chance, it is now yours.
In Pittsburgh - A needed win - cold weather - and the #1 rush defense in the NFL.

You told us you would be ready when the time comes, now let your play do the talking.

I know you have it in you! Make it your time!!!!!

The Panch

Reaction score
Portis: 4.8 YPC.....3.9 against Pitt
Jacobs: 5.1 YPC.....2.6 against Pitt
Ward: 4.8 YPC.....2.8 against Pitt
Choice: Rookie who's only had 30 carries....against Pitt _____?? :(

I just dont see it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
The Panch;2464214 said:

I just dont see it.

It's not the run game, it's the blitz pick-ups I'm worried about.

Even with Barber healthy, I never expected Garrett to come out with a balanced attack.

The Panch

Reaction score
Boysboy;2464221 said:
It's not the run game, it's the blitz pick-ups I'm worried about.

Even with Barber healthy, I never expected Garrett to come out with a balanced attack.
That as well. Not to mention Barber was another big outlet for Romo under pressure.

And I dont trust Garrett. He's not that great at in game adjustments. Especially when it requires the team running as opposed to passing. Wonder why. :rolleyes:

Champsheart

Reaction score
The Panch;2464214 said:

I just dont see it.

For Choice to have a good or even great day he does not have to rush for 150 yards on 20 carries.

He needs to plug away, get positive yards on each and every run, even 2 or 3 yards, hopefully mix a few 7 to 10 yarders in there, he needs to pick up the blitz and not have mental errors in the passing game, he needs to be a safety valve for Romo to throw to, and most important he needs to secure that football.

Boysboy

Reaction score
The Panch;2464227 said:
That as well. Not to mention Barber was another big outlet for Romo under pressure.

And I dont trust Garrett. He's not that great at in game adjustments. Especially when it requires the team running as opposed to passing. Wonder why. :rolleyes:

I've noticed a number of teams abandon the run game against Pitt-even Indy, who is usually patient with it, abandoned it when they played them. Of course, they won.

Mansta54

Reaction score
The Panch;2464214 said:

I just dont see it.

Don't watch then!!!!!

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
The Panch;2464214 said:

I just dont see it.

The Panch;2464227 said:

The Panch;2464172 said:
That O-line has been average in recent years at run blocking and mediocre most of this season. I expect more of the same. Go Romo! Just please dont screw up by turning the ball over.

you oght to change your name to " The Panic" :laugh1:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I hope Garrett doesn't get all pass-happy like the 1st Commanders game. I got a bad feeling he will.

The Panch

Reaction score
Boysboy;2464236 said:
I've noticed a number of teams abandon the run game against Pitt-even Indy, who is usually patient with it, abandoned it when they played them. Of course, they won.
They won cause Roethlisberger is gaaabage. Peyton only completed half of his passes and two, including their first TD, were fluke completions that should've been intercepted. Peyton went to Wayne a 65 yard TD to start the game and only threw for 175 the rest of the game. Not the blueprint we need.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The Panch;2464214 said:

I just dont see it.

Mansta54;2464237 said:
Don't watch then!!!!!

:bow: :lmao: :hammer:

Jake0

Reaction score
Rampage;2464250 said:
I hope Garrett doesn't get all pass-happy like the 1st Commanders game. I got a bad feeling he will.

Garrett didn't get pass happy in the 1st skins game, Romo was audibling out of every run to a pass because of the skins pre snap formation. They tried that **** again in the 2nd game and it didn't work.

bigE79

Reaction score
Champsheart;2464205 said:
Choice!

It is your time, you have been waiting for this chance, it is now yours.
In Pittsburgh - A needed win - cold weather - and the #1 rush defense in the NFL.

You told us you would be ready when the time comes, now let your play do the talking.

I know you have it in you! Make it your time!!!!!
although we will miss barber,i have the utmost confidence that TC gets the job done...there is only one player that we could not lose and as long as he is playing we have a good chance against ANY TEAM:star:

Mansta54

Reaction score
bigE79;2464277 said:
although we will miss barber,i have the utmost confidence that TC gets the job done...there is only one player that we could not lose and as long as he is playing we have a good chance against ANY TEAM:star:

Bingo!!!! Boyz fans who've never sen TC run are gonna be pleasantly suprised after tomorrow. The kid has game and can play...

Don Corleone

Reaction score
jwhardin;2464261 said:
I've noticed MBIII miss a few blitz pickups lately

Yes, he has missed a few, and all RBs aren't perfect. On a positive note, I saw Choice pick up some blitzers during the Seattle game. He missed some also, but Romo was able to escape and make something happen. It all comes down to Romo in this one. RBs will miss blocks, no matter who they are. And if Romo is able to make the blitzers miss, look out!

Mansta54

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2464332 said:
Yes, he has missed a few, and all RBs aren't perfect. On a positive note, I saw Choice pick up some blitzers during the Seattle game. He missed some also, but Romo was able to escape and make something happen. It all comes down to Romo in this one. RBs will miss blocks, no matter who they are. And if Romo is able to make the blitzers miss, look out!

You're dead on point!!! This is how we win the game too. Romo will avoid the blitz and make plays to keep drives alive. Ben will not be able to do that enough against our D..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Panch;2464214 said:

I just dont see it.

I don't think anyone's expecting him to outperform Portis, Jacobs, or Ward. The point is, for a 3 string RB, he's a fine option to have. We're lucky.

I wouldn't be shocked, though, to see him end up with 80 and a touch this week. Our passing game and Romo's release is going to put a lot of pressure on Pitt's front. Something's going to have to give, and the alternative is unacceptable.