CFZ Well Gentlemen, It's Time To Return To Being Fans Again

CCBoy

Reaction score
As a youth, I recall rooting for the Bishop Badgers back when Ronny Bull was in High School there. He later went on to Baylor as an All American and then to the Chicago Bears and was Rookie of the Year following Mike Ditka's ROY. I recalled the entire stands yelling and screaming their heads off rooting for the high school team playing. That stayed with those fans, even when, they didn't quite make it past Regionals each year.

That sense of being a fan stuck with me and in my own heart. I learned loyalty to the University of Texas and local Texas A&I, where Sid Blanks played and was the first pick ever by the Houston Oilers. But Dallas and the Cowboys were the first NFL team in Texas. I was then loyal to them...from the heart,

Not in what they had done to make me a 'smart' fan and benefiting from their glory or achievements. I loved our football for what it was! It brought my heart pride. It still does and that doesn't need a ton of grafitti for me to have that.

We also might make a real difference by just being that, a fan, and helping our team turn the final corner and reward it's fans!

If we don't water with our words, that love of just being a fan...well, he lose that. Our mind is at our use, not the other way around and we are bound by it.

Water respect, and it is human nature to respond to what it is given. Everyone, we here are Cowboys fans. Show it and regularly give that to other fans, and not just insult, disrespect, as well as letting down our favorite team.

You want a winner, root for them and help them come just that.

That's the law for honor. We as Americans, should have an abundance of just that...honor!

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1973. In the military overseas, again, all you could get was the Cowboys. How could I not love Roger Staubach the star what it represented. Die hard fan win lose draw. Watched every game even through the strike season, always, always found a way to watch the games even when I was in Disney .Vacation I think I missed one game because I had to pick my daughter up at the airport in Boston. Monday night we destroyed the Saints. in New Orleans, we were supposed to lose that game. Even before before that Green Bay Packers, Bart Starr, cowboys Don Meredith. Mr. cowboy Bob Lily. Royalty, my cowboy family everybody wants to be a cowboy fan when we win they come out of the closet. I say stay there always a fan or nothing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
1973. In the military overseas, again, all you could get was the Cowboys. How could I not love Roger Staubach the star what it represented. Die hard fan win lose draw. Watched every game even through the strike season, always, always found a way to watch the games even when I was in Disney .Vacation I think I missed one game because I had to pick my daughter up at the airport in Boston. Monday night we destroyed the Saints. in New Orleans, we were supposed to lose that game. Even before before that Green Bay Packers, Bart Starr, cowboys Don Meredith. Mr. cowboy Bob Lily. Royalty, my cowboy family everybody wants to be a cowboy fan when we win they come out of the closet. I say stay there always a fan or nothing.
The single English channel overseas for service members, and the game usually was about 2-3 in the morning, lol. It took us back home, then. Enjoyed those games over seas.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey, do I wish we had added a stud LG to the team and maybe another g/t sure. But I am a believer that Mike and Shottenhiemer will out together game plans instead of calling random plays out of a hat and I think it will be a substantial improvement. I think Mazi will be a difference maker on D too. Also think Cooks will help. Plenty of reasons to be excited for the season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hey, do I wish we had added a stud LG to the team and maybe another g/t sure. But I am a believer that Mike and Shottenhiemer will out together game plans instead of calling random plays out of a hat and I think it will be a substantial improvement. I think Mazi will be a difference maker on D too. Also think Cooks will help. Plenty of reasons to be excited for the season.
Your instincts are accurate. The Oline may very well be our downfall.

And if you think Moore was just calling random plays, your kidding yourself. Im glad MM has now taken over, but lets see if he can do what Moore did which was have the #1 scoring offense in the NFL the last 3 years with Dak at QB.

And sure we would all give up a point or two for more wins, but that theory makes little sense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your instincts are accurate. The Oline may very well be our downfall.

And if you think Moore was just calling random plays, your kidding yourself. Im glad MM has now taken over, but lets see if he can do what Moore did which was have the #1 scoring offense in the NFL the last 3 years with Dak at QB.

And sure we would all give up a point or two for more wins, but that theory makes little sense.
Warming up for the upcoming season I see........
excuses-files.gif

GMO415

Reaction score
Cowboys Zone ...a legion of fans. It says it in the name, but yes we should be reminded to be fans....uh ok.

gtb1943

Reaction score
As a youth, I recall rooting for the Bishop Badgers back when Ronny Bull was in High School there. He later went on to Baylor as an All American and then to the Chicago Bears and was Rookie of the Year following Mike Ditka's ROY. I recalled the entire stands yelling and screaming their heads off rooting for the high school team playing. That stayed with those fans, even when, they didn't quite make it past Regionals each year.

That sense of being a fan stuck with me and in my own heart. I learned loyalty to the University of Texas and local Texas A&I, where Sid Blanks played and was the first pick ever by the Houston Oilers. But Dallas and the Cowboys were the first NFL team in Texas. I was then loyal to them...from the heart,

Not in what they had done to make me a 'smart' fan and benefiting from their glory or achievements. I loved our football for what it was! It brought my heart pride. It still does and that doesn't need a ton of grafitti for me to have that.

We also might make a real difference by just being that, a fan, and helping our team turn the final corner and reward it's fans!

If we don't water with our words, that love of just being a fan...well, he lose that. Our mind is at our use, not the other way around and we are bound by it.

Water respect, and it is human nature to respond to what it is given. Everyone, we here are Cowboys fans. Show it and regularly give that to other fans, and not just insult, disrespect, as well as letting down our favorite team.

You want a winner, root for them and help them come just that.

That's the law for honor. We as Americans, should have an abundance of just that...honor!
I am still a fan of my high school team and my college team. But they no longer matter that much. The boys have been my main team for more than 30 years and a fan for over 50.

BUT I will not be a minion. I route for the TEAM not any individual player or coach and CERTAINLY NOT any owner or GM.

I will call out all that I believe are either incompetent or unable to get it done.

We start at the top with an incompetent GM/Owner. Great businessman and mediocre at best GM. Even HE has admitted he would have fired a GM that failed as much as he had.

The Head coach does have a ring; has shown he is a very good coach. we shall see what he can do here.

The staff is so so; some good ones and some just OK.

As regards the talent, I would say we are near top 5 overall; depending on our younger players continuing to develop and our older players not falling off. Top 5 is probably our ceiling.

Those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Those that ignore the past will suffer the consequences.

Therefore I cannot believe in this team until they actually get it done. I will root for them but that is all. Too many years of failures when it matters to be any other way.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I think there are several areas that will make or break the boys this year:
1) Will the D continue to improve and reach top 5 status?
2) Will the O line get it done?
3) Will Dak play better?
4) Will our new OC figure out how to make the best use of our personnel?
5) Can we find a reliable kicker?

TheCritic

Reaction score
With common sense, just who has to google?
Nothing you say ever makes any sense. So I copied and pasted your words into Google Translate and it broke that tool. So it's not your Rambo tough-guy talk but your word salad that makes you such a dangerous cyber-weapon. Who knew?

shabazz

Reaction score
I am very excited for this season.
And even if you weren’t, it wouldn’t have any effect on the teams success whatsoever

its more important the we respect each other than to respect the franchise or it’s owner

from the owner to the janitor of AT&T stadium, they don’t give a rip about our attitudes as fans…..but we should strive to be civil to each other as forum fans…..even when we disagree

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score