Well I'm already getting butterflies for Sunday

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
For the opener it would probably be Ratliff. ???

Why'd we get rid of Thomas Johnson AND Montavious Stanley?

Wasn't there something about Houston picking TJ up? Why would we let him go in the first place? We just destroyed any depth that we had there.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Nah, not if you are also a College football fan. I am looking forward to both ND/Penn game and also Ohio/Texas game. It going to be a pretty good weekend for Football fan.
I'm a college football fan...but my day will only be shorter (and brighter) if Joe Pa seriously kicks Weis' fat over-rated arse, but good.

Another year of the non-stop Weis hype will be flat out sickening.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I'm a college football fan...but my day will only be shorter (and brighter) if Joe Pa seriously kicks Weis' fat over-rated arse, but good.

Another year of the non-stop Weis hype will be flat out sickening.

How can you not like BP's little brother..........

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze said:
How can you not like BP's little brother..........
Easy. :)

One. I hate Notre Dame and anyone who coaches them. (tho I made a lone exception for Ara...he was tops in my book.)

Two. Weis still stinks of the Pats, whom I loathe.

Three. Anyone who has a falling out with Tuna, at any time, at any place, I hate forever. I don't care if HE gets back with them. I still despise them. :laugh2:

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Easy. :)

One. I hate Notre Dame and anyone who coaches them. (tho I made a lone exception for Ara...he was tops in my book.)

Two. Weis still stinks of the Pats, whom I loathe.

Three. Anyone who has a falling out with Tuna, at any time, at any place, I hate forever. I don't care if HE gets back with them. I still despise them. :laugh2:

Charlie Weis had a falling out with Bill Parcells? Could you explain that to me? (i haven't been around long)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
Why'd we get rid of Thomas Johnson AND Montavious Stanley?

Wasn't there something about Houston picking TJ up? Why would we let him go in the first place? We just destroyed any depth that we had there.

We grabbed this NT off the Brown PS and by doing so we had to make room on the roster by releasing Thomas Johnson.

J'Vonne Parker, a 6-4, 323-pound defensive tackle, originally joined the Browns as a rookie free agent in 2005 out of Rutgers. After 12 weeks on the Browns' practice squad last season, he was moved to the active roster, seeing action in four games with one tackle. We was released by Cleveland yesterday.

Montavious Stanley did not survive the final cut. I have read that he was having problems staying in shape. ?????

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
We grabbed this NT off the Brown PS and by doing so we had to make room on the roster by releasing Thomas Johnson.

J'Vonne Parker, a 6-4, 323-pound defensive tackle, originally joined the Browns as a rookie free agent in 2005 out of Rutgers. After 12 weeks on the Browns' practice squad last season, he was moved to the active roster, seeing action in four games with one tackle. We was released by Cleveland yesterday.

Montavious Stanley did not survive the final cut. I have read that he was having problems staying in shape. ?????

Ok, thanks for the info.

tunahelper

Reaction score
No butterflies here I am ready to hit someone!

Anyone want to meet for a friendly fight?

LOL

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
Charlie Weis had a falling out with Bill Parcells? Could you explain that to me? (i haven't been around long)
It had to do with the friction between NE and NY resulting from Tuna leaving NE in 97 and then Belichick leaving NY in 2000. Weis sided with Mumbles and left with him, which Tuna was said to be okay with. But there was some sort of deposition the press claimed Weis gave the NFL when the draft picks for Mumbles were being sorted out, and that ticked Bill off. The press claimed Tuna referred to Weis as a 'traitor'.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LarryCanadian said:
One thing I do wonder is does the gameplan remain conservative and do we play that "lets play not to lose" style again. Or, now that the talent is better and the team seems in a better position to dictate the game, do we take it to teams and make them react to Cowboys.
You are not alone is wondering that Larry.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
You are not alone is wondering that Larry.
Conservative will get us beat with the huge question mark with kicking. We need TD's to win.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I have a very good feeling about Sunday. I believe it is the first step in the road of many that we will be taking all the way to MIAMI this year BABY!!!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueStar22 said:
Conservative will get us beat with the huge question mark with kicking. We need TD's to win.
With the weapons we have on offense, we should be able to put enough points on the board without opening up the playbook all the way. All we need is 20 perhaps 23 points per game and with our D we will win often. All I ask of BP is just to let our offense to play to their capacity.