Well...I'm outa here.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Shipping out to Basic today...Great Lakes, Illinois.

Gonna be cold and I'm gonna miss rest of the NFL games. :mad:

At least I might be back for the Super Bowl...so I should be able to see the Cowboys play one more time this year. :)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dragon_mikal said:

At least I might be back for the Super Bowl...so I should be able to see the Cowboys play one more time this year. :)

Good luck and keep your back straight, chest out, chin up and mouth shut...and you will do great. :D

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Good luck young man. Mouth shut, ears open....you're done.

Duane

Reaction score
Good luck with basic. Look forward to you coming back in a few months.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Look straight forward. Don't look at the drill sgt. Looks like no Cowboys/Giants for you. Good luck!

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Good luck and thanks for being willing to fight for our country! One piece of advise....don't volunteer for anything in basic....if you do.. :bang2:

Remember they will yell, call you names, but in the end it is just a big game. If you know that going in basic goes a whole lot smoother. I saw guys crack because they took basic way too seriously and couldn't handle the pressure. The TI's want to see if you can take it all in stride. Make us proud :D

Swat

Benched
Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:

I was in your shoes about 9 years ago (Im getting old), except I went in the summer time.

Great Lakes isn't that bad, once you get into the routine. The first few days are the worst.

Best of luck to you and remember one thing . . .

All your recruit division commanders were once in the same position you were in. They got through it, and you will too. Their job is to try and break you down, but ultimately they want to help you succeed, and its their goal to get you through. Just keep that in mind.

God bless you!

Swat

Benched
Reaction score
And not to get this off topic, but does anyone know if CrownRoyal left for the military?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Good luck bro.

And to answer Midswat, I don't think CR enlisted. See him around just not as often.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the well wishes guys. I be alright. I'm used to people yelling at me already. :)

Already know The 11 General Orders of a Sentry, the Phonetic Alphabet, the Sailor's Creed and Ranks and Recognition.

Just gonna have to learn the rest in Basic.

To all those who served before me...thank you.

And good luck to the Cowboys this weekend. WE NEED THIS GAME!

Reaction score
What branch are you going to? I'm a vet USMC Parris Island, SC was tough but if I can do it you can too. Don't take anything peronally they don't know you like that, they're trying to get something out of you, but like the poster said above they are trying to help you reach your goal

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
WilmingtonHeel said:
What branch are you going to? I'm a vet USMC Parris Island, SC was tough but if I can do it you can too. Don't take anything peronally they don't know you like that, they're trying to get something out of you, but like the poster said above they are trying to help you reach your goal

Navy...CTR.

Supposed to be a good rate.

sacase

Reaction score
Like others have said let me echo it, Keep your mouth shut and do what they tell you to do. It's a game. Remember that somethings they tell you to do are impossible, but as long as you try your best you won't get it to bad, of course you will still get push ups. :)

When I went through Army Basic the biggest stress for me were the other recruits I was 21 when I went through and I had 3years of Highschool ROTC and 2 years of college ROTC so I knew the Army fairly well. We had alot of split option kids who were 17 and 18 going through, talk about hard heads. I ended up being Platoon guide and that is what cause me stress trying to get some of the young kids to just shut up and do as they are told and help the team suceed. Embrace a leadership position if you can, the experience though stresful is invaluable.

FYI, you are always going to have one knucklehead who won't listen and who will cause everyone else a lot fo pain and suffering, just don't pull a ful lmetl jacket on him ;)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Take good care of yourself, stay focused, and I hope the time goes fast.
It could be worse, you could be in Parcells' doghouse. j/k :D

Thanks for what you are doing.

God's speed.

Swat

Benched
Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Thanks for all of the well wishes guys. I be alright. I'm used to people yelling at me already. :)

Already know The 11 General Orders of a Sentry, the Phonetic Alphabet, the Sailor's Creed and Ranks and Recognition.

Just gonna have to learn the rest in Basic.

To all those who served before me...thank you.

And good luck to the Cowboys this weekend. WE NEED THIS GAME!

Man you are way ahead of where I was when I joined. My recruiter told me to study all that stuff, but I didn't listen to him.

I remember being in boot camp and getting yelled at for saluting chiefs and calling warrant officers chiefs and all. You definitely just saved yourself a lot of pain.

And CTR is a good rate. You should enjoy that.

Swat

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Good luck bro.

And to answer Midswat, I don't think CR enlisted. See him around just not as often.

Thanks TB . . .

I hadn't seen him in a long time so I was curious.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
Good Luck and God Bless, Thank you so much for serving for me and the rest of us. You will be in my prayers