Well It Is That Time Of Year

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I am on the move again. I enjoyed most of my stay in Tyler but it is time to hitch up my wagon, hit the trails, and Trick, leave the Crime infested Tyler behind. :D.

I will be moving to Houston at the end of May. So naturally I want to solicit some feedback from all of the knowledgeable folks here. I have two offers, one is by the NW Mall and the other is in Clear Lakes. I am leaning slightly towards the one near the NW Mall but who knows because it is still fairly close.

I welcome all feedback about schools (I have a two year old), cost of living, apartments, houses, churches, and anything you can think of.

Thanks in advance.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
I am on the move again. I enjoyed most of my stay in Tyler but it is time to hitch up my wagon, hit the trails, and Trick, leave the Crime infested Tyler behind. :D.

I will be moving to Houston at the end of May. So naturally I want to solicit some feedback from all of the knowledgeable folks here. I have two offers, one is by the NW Mall and the other is in Clear Lakes. I am leaning slightly towards the one near the NW Mall but who knows because it is still fairly close.

I welcome all feedback about schools (I have a two year old), cost of living, apartments, houses, churches, and anything you can think of.

Thanks in advance.

I had thought you were already gone ad...

We can still throw down a couple of frosty friendlys!!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ad is turning into a hired gun, a carpet bagger of texas.

JUST KIDDING.

Good luck on the move and the new job.

trickblue

Reaction score
adbutcher said:

Thanks in advance.

PM Woody'sGirl... she is a Houstonianiter

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I had thought you were already gone ad...

We can still throw down a couple of frosty friendlys!!!
Yea....I have been busier than a one legged man in a arse kicking contest with this school stuff. But it is starting to wind down. I won’t leave Tyler until late May because I got to wait until the 14th before I can turn in my letter of resignation so I don’t have to repay any relocation expenses.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Ad is turning into a hired gun, a carpet bagger of texas.

JUST KIDDING.

Good luck on the move and the new job.
Just call me primetime :D. It really ain't so much Tyler than the job. We work too much OT, couple this with a two-year-old, wife, and school makes for a volatile mix.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, I was late to the party... I was in a meeting. We were having cake for someone's b-day...:D

Congrats on your move, Ad. I noted in your av that you were moving, but didn't want to impose...
As for which job to take, well to me it would really depend on where you live. Right now, the freeways by NW Mall are horrible. They're expanding Katy freeway into this monster expressway. It's crazy. Clearlake is far south going towards Galveston. I-45 is cool for the most part. It's bad during rain and when there's an accident, but then what freeway isn't... In Houston, you're going to drive. It's just a matter of how far you're willing to go. I live south going towards Clearlake and I've taken jobs far north by Compaq in Spring.

I don't have kids, but I have friends who have kids. So I can always get info on school districts and such. I have a couple friends who also have little ones. I'm God-mom to them all...;)

Anyway, gimme a buzz anytime. If you need anymore info I'll do what I can. Been living here a long time, so it's not much about Houston I don't know.

Just a side note, if you're an Omega like I suspect, I'm actually hanging w/one of your frat bro's from TSU this weekend. He's my real good buddy.

and trick, it's HOUSTONIAN:D Houstonianiter, pfft:rolleyes:

trickblue

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
As for which job to take, well to me it would really depend on where you live. Right now, the freeways by NW Mall are horrible. They're expanding Katy freeway into this monster expressway. It's crazy. Clearlake is far south going towards Galveston. I-45 is cool for the most part. It's bad during rain and when there's an accident, but then what freeway isn't... In Houston, you're going to drive. It's just a matter of how far you're willing to go.

How's Tyler look now Ad... :D

and this from a Houstononianiter...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:

:tongue:

There's a reason why Juke always badmouths you in his PMs. :D

trickblue

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
:tongue:

There's a reason why Juke always badmouths you in his PMs. :D

Funny... he does the same about you in his PM's to me... :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Funny... he does the same about you in his PM's to me... :D
nuh uh... I don't believe u. I refuse to believe that Juke would say anything but sweet nothings to you in his PMs.:D

trickblue

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
nuh uh... I don't believe u. I refuse to believe that Juke would say anything but sweet nothings to you in his PMs.:D

Oh he whispers sweet nothings to me alright... I have complained several times to Reality under the Zone Moderator Sexual Harrassment Act 0f 2004...

Interestingly enough... it was made law becuase of Juke in the first place...

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
trickblue said:

I know the traffic sux but mayne atleast I can buy a brew from the grocery store. I am not a lush but I ain't no dry county type of guy either.

WG, Yep I am a Que, tell my frat I said "roo" and I am sure our paths will cross when I get there.

I will PM you later..I am leaving work early for a change. L8R

Duane

Reaction score
Spring ISD has great schools so living North would be a positive in that respect. I like living in The Woodlands and it's very family oriented but I don't know how much you're willing to drive in the mornings.

I'm not sure about the Clear Lake area but I can't imagine that their schools would be bad. Living in Clear Lake also provides you with close access to Kemah, and Galveston so I view that as a plus.

Both areas are about the same as far as getting to downtown and going to games/dinner/events. And since it's Houston you can drive 20 minutes and do anything so far as shopping.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane said:
Spring ISD has great schools so living North would be a positive in that respect. I like living in The Woodlands and it's very family oriented but I don't know how much you're willing to drive in the mornings.

I'm not sure about the Clear Lake area but I can't imagine that their schools would be bad. Living in Clear Lake also provides you with close access to Kemah, and Galveston so I view that as a plus.

Both areas are about the same as far as getting to downtown and going to games/dinner/events. And since it's Houston you can drive 20 minutes and do anything so far as shopping.

Agreed. I ref in the South/Southeast area. So I do go to alot of the high schools. Pearland, Friendswood, Deer Park and Clear Creek which includes Clear Lake and some surrounding areas have some pretty good schools. Pasadena is a have and have-not district. Got a friend who lives in Spring and her kids go to school up there and she's ok with their schools for the most part. There are some nice neighborhoods all over town, just a matter of figuring out what works for you.