Well... looks like none of the games will go our way.

Boysboy

Reaction score
noletime95;2453703 said:
Looking at the schedules of the teams in the South, there is a real possibility Dallas misses out with an 11-5 record as a result of today's games.

Unreal.

Like I said-at least this makes it that much harder for the Eagles. You know how much the media is always in their jockstrap even after ONLY ONE good game.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2453704 said:
another week gone, another week where things don't go our way. We are running out of time.

Ive always hated relying on other teams for help.
We just needed one more win early in the season.

Now we have to go 3-1 in the toughest part of our season. Sucks.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
noletime95;2453703 said:
Looking at the schedules of the teams in the South, there is a real possibility Dallas misses out with an 11-5 record as a result of today's games.

Unreal.

11-5 is a pipe dream. We need to hope the chips fall into place with a 10-6 record at the best.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2453713 said:

Doesn't matter-if we BACK INTO the playoffs again, we're one and done. Remember '06 when we did just that, and we just plain stunk it up in Seattle(forget the Romo bobble, he, along with everyone else, just plain sucked in that game).

Pt being that if we want a chance to PLAY WELL in the playoffs, we need to start rolling...NOW!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2453713 said:

And the loss can't be against the Giants or the Eagles because the Cowboys would really be behind the 8-ball. Dallas already has too many conference losses.

gmoney112

Reaction score
bucs next 4:
@carolina
@atlanta
san diego
oakland

falcons next 4:
@saints
bucs
@vikings
st louis

best case scenario: bucs lose to carolina, falcons lose to saints. bucs beat falcons. falcons lose to vikings. we get tiebreaker with bucs and get last wildcard

Everson24

Reaction score
thssanders;2453534 said:
The Falcons are leading right now and the Chargers offense has showed nothing thus far to make me believe they can come back. The Bucs and Panthers both squeeked by in the end, leaving us almost right where we started the week. Only good thing is the Commanders lost.

So now the game with Pittsburgh becomes definitely a must win game. If we were to lose and then see these other teams keep winning we will be a game back, with upcoming games against the ravens and giants. So it won't be looking good if we are unable to win.

However, the Steelers offense doesnt scare me at all. With the pressure our defense has been putting on the qb lately, coupled with the inability of the steelels to pass block, could make for a long day for big ben. I think if we protect the ball then it is our game to take.

If we cant beat the steelers, i would find it hard to imagine us turning it around and beating both the giants and ravens, not to mention an arch rival in the eagles. So, we absolutely must win this game to keep our playoff hopes alive.

Are you watching the Steelers game? They are killing the Patriots. We better bring our A+ game next week or it could get ugly. Stupid Rams game is going to kill us in the end.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Boysboy;2453725 said:
Doesn't matter-if we BACK INTO the playoffs again, we're one and done. Remember '06 when we did just that, and we just plain stunk it up in Seattle(forget the Romo bobble, he, along with everyone else, just plain sucked in that game).

Pt being that if we want a chance to PLAY WELL in the playoffs, we need to start rolling...NOW!

uh...3-1 is not backing into the playoffs. that would be a 6-1 record with romo back with most the teams having a winning record that we beat. that would make us one of the hottest teams in the league coming into the playoffs. not exactly backing in.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Everson24;2453737 said:
Are you watching the Steelers game? They are killing the Patriots. We better bring our A+ game next week or it could get ugly. Stupid Rams game is going to kill us in the end.

5 turnovers with at least 2 in your own redzone will do that. their defense is stout but i don't think they'll get more than 14...if we can keep the turnovers to a minimum

Boysboy

Reaction score
gmoney112;2453743 said:
5 turnovers with at least 2 in your own redzone will do that. their defense is stout but i don't think they'll get more than 14...if we can keep the turnovers to a minimum

Matt Cassell blows...hard. He has a couple of decent games and all of a sudden he's wonder boy.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Tampa plays Carolina next week. Somebody is gonna lose.

Unfortunately, Dallas has a rough road. I thought 10-6 would go but I don't think so anymore.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2453755 said:
Tampa plays Carolina next week. Somebody is gonna lose.

Unfortunately, Dallas has a rough road. I thought 10-6 would go but I don't think so anymore.

Will be rooting for Carolina b/c like I said, Philly has their #1 pick. A win for them means #1 in the NFCS, and likely the #2 seed when all is said and done!:)

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Washington lost; therefore, one of the games most definitely "went our way."

superpunk

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2453766 said:
This.

We are currently the 6 seed, I think.

rathalarge

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2453766 said:
Good. Someone who knows that a Commanders lost was most important today. Now we are a game up with them and tied in the conference. Every game is not going to go the way some may like, but each week when one of the NFC teams in the hunt loses, and we win, it's a positive!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
superpunk;2453775 said:
This.

We are currently the 6 seed, I think.

rathalarge;2453778 said:
Good. Someone who knows that a Commanders lost was most important today. Now we are a game up with them and tied in the conference. Every game is not going to go the way some may like, but each week when one of the NFC teams in the hunt loses, and we win, it's a positive!

I think Dallas is currently one spot out of the final wild card position. However, if the Cowboys win next week, they will almost certainly hold one of the wild card spots because the Panthers and the Bucs play each other.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least the G-Men won. That is better than nothing.

Everson24;2453737 said:
No way we play as badly as the Pats did today.

The way I see it, Pit better bring their A+ game next week. :D