Well so much for stealth wins

Cebrin

Reaction score
I've been in this weird bubble where I'm excited, but when other people praise I just say "Yeah...we're doing okay....."

My eyes see a little bit of both, but there is something different this year. They play through it. I just cross my fingers weekly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, the Cowboys won't be sneaking up on anyone this season, the word is out. These Cowboys are good.

The sports media is fawning all over this team. The Cowboys are in the top 6 of almost all their lists. I have seen them listed as high as #2.

Ironically, the pundits that made the harshest statements are now the loudest ones heaping praise after 5 games in a 17 game regular season. I wish they would just shut up. The last thing these players need to hear is that they are the best in the NFC......even if it's true.

All the sports talk shows are slapping this huge target on the back of the Cowboys and we get YouTube videos like, "Why the rest of the NFL should fear the Cowboys".

I'm hearing heaps of praise from Shannon Sharpe, Rich Eisen, Colin Cowherd, Max Kellerman, you name it.......it's a little unsettling.

Every time I turn on ESPN there is Trevon Diggs, Amari Cooper, Dak Prescott.....I mean, they are discussing how poor Bill Belicek can possibly compete against these mean, nasty Cowboys......STOP!

You don't declare a winner in the first leg of a marathoin. The Cowboys have put themselves in a good position less than one third of the season, that's all. They are more than capable of beating themselves, sinking in controversy, devastating injuries, overconfidence, or just losing focus. they are young and extremely inexperienced when it comes to NFL success. And then there is Jerry jones, enough said.

In 2008 the Cowboys were 4-1.

I sincerely hope that the coaches are preaching daily, "One game at a time"!

I don't want to rain on the party, I want to break it up and send everybody home. I want the real party that starts February 13, 2022 around 8:30PM CST. That only happens if the Cowboys can maintain their focus and not look ahead of their next game.
This team is different than those teams in the past. Since allowing TB to escape in week 1, this team has dominated every game they've played while not having their full cast of characters on the stage.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It's no different than any other time. The Cowboys do well and the media completely overdoes the praise. Even just about every third story on MSN is about the Cowboys. Now, when the Cowboys fall? We all know how that goes. Just wait until the first loss to see how the media responds.

The media is setting us up for the fall you mentioned. LOL
Hey I'm proud of this young Cowboys team and I've said since before the 1st game we would keep getting better as the season progresses and that's exactly what we're doing. The more experience we get the better we'll get.
We're a lot better than last year and still improving, but we're not unbeatable.
If we take an unexpected loss or 2, the media will be on our case like white on rice! :laugh: