Well there goes the theory of Terrell affecting the team..

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Jen Floyd just said that a player pulled her to the side yesterday and told her that the players don't care about all this stuff. They only care about Terrell and September 10th.

Eddie

Reaction score
Players can say what they want ... but considering players are being asked questions about TO instead of the team, I'd say there's going to be an effect.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Players can say what they want ... but considering players are being asked questions about TO instead of the team, I'd say there's going to be an effect.

IMO If I know a guy is a superstar and hasn't been a problem so far... I'd rather answer questions about that insignificant "controversy" than about my own shortcomings or mistakes.

How is it a distraction that guys simply get asked questions about TO, if he's not a problem like this player said?

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Eddie said:

NON SENSE. How is it going to affect a players and his team loyalty. I am sure the players are smart enough to realize the media is trying to affect their team. I am sure the effect is annoyance and a better bond between them. the team against the world mentality.

superpunk

Reaction score
Eddie said:

Mornin' sunshine!

I;ve got to give it to you, Eddie. Madden 07 is garbage. ;)

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
*prays that JFE will now understand and shut her hole about the TO thing*

*realizes that stupidity to the degree that JFE has it cannot be rectified even by praying to higher powers*

*accepts that the black hole of reason will never get it no matter how many players tell her*

:bang2:

Angus

Reaction score
sbuscha said:
NON SENSE. How is it going to affect a players and his team loyalty. I am sure the players are smart enough to realize the media is trying to affect their team. I am sure the effect is annoyance and a better bond between them. the team against the world mentality.

Are you assuming the players are smarter than some posters on this board? How disloyal!:D

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
cobra said:
*prays that JFE will now understand and shut her hole about the TO thing*

*realizes that stupidity to the degree that JFE has it cannot be rectified even by praying to higher powers*

*accepts that the black hole of reason will never get it no matter how many players tell her*

:bang2:

The truth is that JFE, JJT, Radio Boy (putz), Skippy Bayless, Dale Hansen, and all the other media types, will continue to beat this dead horse because the average Cowboys football fan (no one here at the Zone :p: ) would rather talk about celebrity gossip than football.

These average fans are the same people that read the rags wanting to know the scoop about Tom-Cat (or whatever they're called), J-ho, Brittney Spears, etc., etc.. JFE (and I know you're reading this forum LBOH) and the rest of them are giving the common man/woman what they want.

Unfortunately, real Cowboys fans have to put up with all this c#*p! :mad:

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Eddie said:
thanks for the laugh.

we don't have those type of wimps on the roster any more :)

Death Star

Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
Jen Floyd just said that a player pulled her to the side yesterday and told her that the players don't care about all this stuff. They only care about Terrell and September 10th.

I'm thinking "a player" is really "a DMN poll" and that "the players" is "her quickly diminishing audience".

jimmy40

Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
But she's a worthless hack and is not to be believed.

Right?:confused:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Of course she is worthless. I think our players are smart enough to realize that the media wants us to fail so that they can say " I told you so!"
IT could very well make it US against the World and foster an even tighter team.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie said:

I guess I don't understand. At least in corporate America, companies don't go down in flames due to one malcontent. Everyone else performs their jobs, and the company keeps going on. The malcontent gets handled appropriately.

This is why I don't understand the Eagles of last year. They blame all their problems on Owens, when in reality, the team just suffered a lot of bad blows that were not related to Owens. Did Owens cause McNabb's hernia, or trade Cory Simon, or snap Pinkston's achilles, etc, etc?

I liken the media to a bunch of arsonists in this scenario, and there is a way to keep the arsonists from starting a fire. I think Parcells should keep the media out of Valley Ranch for the season and severly fine any player that even speaks with the media.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The Cowboys would have to be pretty fragile at the moment for this crap to be affecting them.

As I've said before, he has no pull -- either intentionally or unintentionally -- at the moment.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
Props to Jen for admitting it..I'd bet not all her colleagues would.

What exactly does it mean when a player 'pulls' a reporter 'aside'? In other words, the player felt strongly enough about the press' act to seek a reporter out about it. I think it's to JFE's credit it was her...there has to be some trust there that it won't just be ignored. Or maybe it was that her hint TO was faking injury elevated her to Problem Number One.

I believe even more now the whole TO thing is acting to bond the team, to bring them closer together in solidarity, and they now want to defend the man...and that Bill is working that angle bigtime. Pretty ironic, the exact opposite effect of what the media was after appears to be developing.

And Bill....he would do the same thing in NY when beleagured....circle the wagons...us against them. Calling the press 'cannibal's'..pretty big..and Jim Reeves was crying over it in his article today, even tho Tuna (he claims) as he was leaving the pc, qualified the remark.

Yup. :D

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Props to Jen for admitting it..I'd bet not all her colleagues would.

What exactly does it mean when a player 'pulls' a reporter 'aside'? In other words, the player felt strongly enough about the press' act to seek a reporter out about it. I think it's to JFE's credit it was her...there has to be some trust there that it won't just be ignored. Or maybe it was that her hint TO was faking injury elevated her to Problem Number One.
Maybe said player picked JFE because she's probably been the most vocal with her anti-TO stances. And she's probably the easiest to pick out of that crowd.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
What does Jen look like ?

Who is the cute girl with dark hair asking questions in the PC's ?

trueblue1687

Reaction score
sbuscha said:

Nice correct usage of affect/effect.;) I agree with your point. I think most folks over estimate the EFFECT that any of the media crap has on players trying to play....especially this time of year. Most are concerned about learning schemes, securing roster spots...insignificant stuff like that.