Wentz benched

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Did he, though?

He went 5/12 and had a pick. There was one drive when he came in, when the game looked to be pretty much over, that he did anything. After that one drive, he didn't complete another pass and had the INT.

They are going to hurt him in Philly.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Did he, though?

He went 5/12 and had a pick. There was one drive when he came in, when the game looked to be pretty much over, that he did anything. After that one drive, he didn't complete another pass and had the INT.

Hurts completed a pass on 1st down of that final drive prior to his interception later in the drive. I think he did provide a spark, but it was a tiny one. At that point in the game they needed a raging inferno, but only got a spark.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Hurts completed a pass on 1st down of that final drive prior to his interception later in the drive. I think he did provide a spark, but it was a tiny one. At that point in the game they needed a raging inferno, but only got a spark.
My bad, I read that play wrong on the pbp.

J12B

Reaction score
he’s gonna wind up in Indy. Reunited with Reich and begins that o-line and resurrect his career. And it will be beautiful because Philly will be tortured
Indi is smarter than that. They'll draft a QB this year.

Unless they can get him for a low draf pick and not pay his salary then I guess it's possible.

But assuming Wentz will play like he did in 2017 just because he's back with his old coach is not a guarantee and a risk the Colts probably won't want to take.

Proof

Reaction score
Indi is smarter than that. They'll draft a QB this year.

Unless they can get him for a low draf pick and not pay his salary then I guess it's possible.

But assuming Wentz will play like he did in 2017 just because he's back with his old coach is not a guarantee and a risk the Colts probably won't want to take.
They signed Philip Rivers. They’d definitely give Wentz a look

J12B

Reaction score
They signed Philip Rivers. They’d definitely give Wentz a look

Rivers was a 1 year deal for $25 million. Wentz has a much higher cap hit next year and the next couple of years.

Wentz has looked way worse than Rivers and Rivers has been average at best this season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Screenshot-20201207-114757-Messenger.jpg

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
a spark with no fuel to burn.

Proof

Reaction score
Rivers was a 1 year deal for $25 million. Wentz has a much higher cap hit next year and the next couple of years.

Wentz has looked way worse than Rivers and Rivers has been average at best this season.

teams very rarely absorb the entirety of a bad contract. Point being rivers is a shell of his already fading self and they bit. 25 mil is not an arbitrary salary, that’s a lot of money. But we will see.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was talking to a buddy tonight about how crazy it is how much Wentz has regressed. Whether it is because of underlying issues with being hurt/injured or he has just lost his mojo, it will be an interesting thing to keep an eye on in Philly.

It definitely will. I'm honestly shocked that they even went so far as to bench him for part of that game. If they actually make the switch and start Hurts for a game or more, I don't think there's any way they could go back to Wentz. And if the rest of the league sees how damaged Wentz is, nobody will give them anything to take on that contract and he will essentially be an anchor on the organization until they can afford to release him.

I still expect them to start Wentz next week, but anything is possible and I'm surprised even at this news.

J817

Reaction score
I don’t know what you’re saying. That’s not how “got what they could” works.

Idk why I’m responding to this but here it goes.

It does. It’s an English predicate of a sentence. You can make it mean however you want it to mean if it’s valid. The way I had it in the sentence was valid. Let’s analyze the situation. Ramsey complained about the team and demanded to be traded. The Jaguars then proceeded to find best trade offer they could find. Never mind it was two first round picks. When using the phrase I’m not measuring the compensation they received. I’m considering the situation they where in. They didn’t trade Ramsey because it was a shrewd move. They traded Ramsey because he was in a contract year and he demanded to be traded. They got a good return but their backs were still against the wall. It was good for them he was a good player in high demand.

Proof

Reaction score
Idk why I’m responding to this but here it goes.

Me neither.

and I don’t need an English lesson.

I was agreeing with your original post and just saying they also got a great return.

No real interest in going back and forth. Sorry for agreeing with you!

Stryker44

Reaction score
Big mistake. You don't bench a top 5 QB, 1st round draft pick and perennial All Pro.

lukin2006

Reaction score
We should bring him in to compete with GG for the backup spot...

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Goff ain’t looking that good also. If the draft was to happen again, Dak would’ve been the first QB selected.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts is no big deal either. People talk about Jerry, but the Eagles baffle me. They gave up on their QB that quick? How about instead of drafting a QB in the second round, you draft a player that can help your current quarterback?

Not that Wentz is that great to begin with, but given a fairly good roster he doesn't suck.