Twitter: Werder: Cowboy source say they are trying to sign Gregory

elcowboi

Reaction score
I think fans will be very mad either way. I really don't care because I don't think it will matter one way or the other. The owner and GM is still the same person...

ICP

Reaction score
With the money they now have available I really hope it's Miller or Wagner they would bring in. But in my heart I know they like their guys and they'll overpay Gregory and bring him back

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes. That would be something to feel good about. As long as the Kearse deal isn't outlandish. He has one good year in his career.
That's all it takes for our organization. Sometimes not even a good year, just a game can do it. Ir a major injury to rehab from.

CWR

Reaction score
I bet you they’re giving Gregory a similar contract to Lawrence…

Maybe but it made sense with Law because they already had a big number on the books. They had to find a way to stretch it out. Gregory is starting from scratch.

If we are bringing back Law we best not be over paying Randy. Hopefully he wants to stay and work with them. He doesn't have the numbers to demand anything crazy, and if he does let him see whats out there. First and foremost, bring back Kearse/Hooker.

Gaede

Reaction score
Am I the only person on this forum that would love to have Gregory under contract for the next 3 years to go with Lawrence, Parsons and Diggs?

No. I'd like to get Gregory back too. I think many are just concerned over the numbers, but the team has made smart deals so far, so I'm not sure if they'll go crazy all of a sudden

Carson

Reaction score
No. I'd like to get Gregory back too. I think many are just concerned over the numbers, but the team has made smart deals so far, so I'm not sure if they'll go crazy all of a sudden
My thinking is this …

I am ok signing Gregory. As long as we don’t overpay for him. I’d much rather spend that money on say Kearse, Michael Pierce and a Josey Jewell type at MLB.

I just don’t want to break the bank on 94 and do nothing else

CowboyChris

Reaction score
is it that hard to sign Gregory? it’s not like he has any skins on the wall!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
is it that hard to sign Gregory? it’s not like he has any skins on the wall!

Mentioned on other threads, that like La'el we're gambling that Gregory hasnt got the market his advisors thinks he has.....if the contract's there and wants to leave, then all the best.

He can no longer use us for leverage and we've shown that we can move on.....both will potentially reduce his contract demands and negotiating position.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
No reason not to sign Gregory if the numbers make sense. He doesn’t have a lot of wear and tear and he is a good player.

The hope is you draft his replacement in the next couple drafts and can unload his contract when they’re ready to takeover.