We're 2022 version of Mack Robinson

Bagman

Reaction score
In the 1936 Berlin Summer Olympics, American Mack Robinson ran the 200 meter sprint faster than anyone had ever run in track and field history. Unfortunately, he was on the same track as Jesse Owens. Robinson's otherworldly time was the best ever run....except for teammate Owens. Robinson proudly settled for a silver medal. Owens took the gold. It seems as though Dallas could possibly run through the NFL this year and finish with a 14-3 or 13-4 record and STILL only get a "silver". They say in sports timing is everything.
Interesting note...Mack Robinson was Jackie Robinson's older brother.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I assume you think that Philly (Gold Medal) is the best team in the NFL followed by Dallas (Silver Medal). Are we forgetting about the 49ers, Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals? I don't see the NFL as a 2 team race at this point in the season.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I often have to explain that to people. Yeah, you might be the best ..... if I weren't around. :yourock:

PS - before anyone goes all crazy. It's a joke. But sometimes it's also true. :laugh:

Proof

Reaction score
I assume you think that Philly (Gold Medal) is the best team in the NFL followed by Dallas (Silver Medal). Are we forgetting about the 49ers, Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals? I don't see the NFL as a 2 team race at this point in the season.

Think he's talking about record wise. It's crazy that we have the 2nd best record in the league and aren't first in our division lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
In the 1936 Berlin Summer Olympics, American Mack Robinson ran the 200 meter sprint faster than anyone had ever run in track and field history. Unfortunately, he was on the same track as Jesse Owens. Robinson's otherworldly time was the best ever run....except for teammate Owens. Robinson proudly settled for a silver medal. Owens took the gold. It seems as though Dallas could possibly run through the NFL this year and finish with a 14-3 or 13-4 record and STILL only get a "silver". They say in sports timing is everything.
but 2023 version of? I mean the playoffs and SB are in 23 so.... guess we could end up Owens or smokey LOL the story isn't final the ending is NOT written, remember the 18-0 Pats getting beat by the WC what 9-7 team that year?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score

12-5 at best

jujoboys

Reaction score
Think he's talking about record wise. It's crazy that we have the 2nd best record in the league and aren't first in our division lol

That game we threw away to GB is coming back to bite us right now. Win that game and we would still be controlling our own destiny for the #1 seed. Now we have to win out plus hope that Philly loses a game to either the Bears, Saints, or Giants. All 3 of those teams are playing their worst football right now.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I felt more this way in 2007. We were elite, but the Patriots were all-time.

Giants ended up taking us both out.

We aren't elite this year. And the Eagles certainly aren't all-time.

But the 9ers might just be the Giants

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Interesting history, thanks for sharing.