Twitter: We're 5 Weeks Away From Opening Up

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Notre Dame football who’s going to paint their helmets. LOL again one I s academic and one is professional it’s totally different no matter how you slice it
LOL to you too bub, you didnt say they were different, you said you cant compare the two. Any two things can be compared. As for who is going to paint the helmets? Seriously? Who will paint the helmets? Thats your point? That is seriously weak.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Not the same my cowboy brother. You cannot compare something that’s professional to something that’s just academic.
They are as much the same as they are different. You really should look up the definition of the word compare, any two things can be compared.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
They are as much the same as they are different. You really should look up the definition of the word compare, any two things can be compared.
4b4b53.jpg
:muttley:

cern

Reaction score
as if covid wasn't bad enough in north texas, the west nile virus has returned. hope the two don't combine and create yet another super virus much like some strains of swine flu. imagine having both simultaneously.

cern

Reaction score
large college campuses have enrollments between 30 and 40 thousand students. sitting in class rooms. walking in hallways. nfl teams have their coaching staffs, 53 starters and some practice squad guys, and their regular employees, trainers and medical personnel. absolutely, positively not the same. far more risks for colleges. but playing in empty stadiums? hard to get a handle on that.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The word professionalism alone. Means you’re paid. NFL professional athletes. College not. At least yet

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Although I understand what you’re saying. But you can’t compare the two. You can try but you can’t say they’re the same.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The risk to all involved are the same. And why the likelihood either will survive a full season isn’t favorable .
The risk is it close to the same. How many people are walking around campus compared to an NFL locker room.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think the NFL will probably start a season. 16 games? I wouldn’t bet on it.
I think we have a better chance down the road once we start the season. Who knows if there’s a vaccine or something. But you’re right I guess it’s all up in the year

blueblood70

Reaction score
sure you can compare the two. They both play the game of football, scores of players, coaches and other personnel, same amount of protection or lack thereof

These conferences are not just deciding not to play only to protect fans, if thats all it was about then theyd just bar the fans
its not the same not close..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The risk is it close to the same. How many people are walking around campus compared to an NFL locker room.
I don’t think most will be on campus probably taking classes online. And athletes traditionally take a very light load of classes during the semester they’re playing anyway.

But beyond, the comparisons are very similar in a game day scenario with travel and stadium appearances.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think we have a better chance down the road once we start the season. Who knows if there’s a vaccine or something. But you’re right I guess it’s all up in the year
We aren’t allowed to discuss details out of the designated forum but the fall and winter is expected to be much worse in flu season especially after fueling the fire with some schools reopening.

Colleges are choosing to look ahead to the spring for a football season and all athletics. . I’d say it’s a wise choice.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d curious what the implications are on players contracts versus a partial season cancelled and an entire season cancelled?

Especially a franchise tag.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We aren’t allowed to discuss details out of the designated forum but the fall and winter is expected to be much worse in flu season especially after fueling the fire with some schools reopening.

Colleges are choosing to look ahead to the spring for a football season and all athletics. . I’d say it’s a wise choice.
I understand that thank you for reminding me. There’s a very fine line it’s really not discussing it. Just a quick statement but I don’t know. I read bits and pieces here and there

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think most will be on campus probably taking classes online. And athletes traditionally take a very light load of classes during the semester they’re playing anyway.

But beyond, the comparisons are very similar in a game day scenario with travel and stadium appearances.[/I understand what you’re saying. But I totally disagree it’s not the same scenario. I’m a millionaire I’m not taking a chance.