We're Gonna Mock This Town, Mock It Inside Out

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
As always I don't mind if you comment, good or bad.

1. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama, 6'4", 255. I am already on record as saying I would trade up to get him. Reminds me of Ray Lewis. Superior football smarts and a non stop motor. Outstanding character.

2. Jason Fox, OT, Miami, 6'6", 315.
The more I read about him, the better I like him. Got to get younger at OL and it starts here.

3. Tyson Alualu, DE, California, 6'3", 290. I believe we will lose either Hatcher or Spears. This kid is instant depth and could one day be a 3-4 DE stud. Nasty streak that gets nastier as the game goes on.

4. John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss, 6'6", 350. He is more a run blocker than a pass blocker, but he is the huge OG that Houck likes.

6. Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State, 6'2", 215.
Known more for hsi brains than his brawn. He has incredible measurables but is a risk given how smart he is. Will he play football or become a Rhodes scholar? In the 6th round, I roll the dice on him.

7. John Estes, C, Hawaii, 6'2", 295. He is versatile, athletic, smart, and mean. The perfect mix for a Center. A team Captain and natural leader.

Bigdog

Reaction score
That is a great mock and I am with you about McLain. I absolutely love the guy-if he comes out. One problem that I see, if we pick him that means we do not make the playoffs and probably lose every game in Dec. to go 8-8 to even have chance of getting him. Even then I think we have to trade up to get him. He is a definite top 15 pick and I see two other division rivals who can use a ILB (Giants, Eagles).

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Nice mock but we may have to take a look at corner in either rd 1 or 2. Scandrick has lost alot of confidence and Newman isn't what he use to be.

RS12

Reaction score
Every mock I have seen has McClain right around 10, would take a mighty trade up to get him. Mardy Gilyard would add alot to the offense and special teams.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Myron Rolle hasn't had an interception in 2 years. let's just continue the trend of adding non-playmakers in our secondary.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3124362 said:
No WR pass.
Yep, don't think we need one. Had at least one in every other thread, but have reformed my opinion.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RS12;3124727 said:
Every mock I have seen has McClain right around 10, would take a mighty trade up to get him. Mardy Gilyard would add alot to the offense and special teams.
Just like Patrick Willis, my last ILB man love, he will rise out of our reach and I will reform my mocks begrudgingly.

The Realist

Reaction score
RS12;3124727 said:

I've come full circle (for now).

Back in the take a WR early camp.

Based on Garrett's does less with more OC abilities.

Get a 3rd WR in here that can take over for Crayton, back D's off and stretch the field.

Pass to set up the run for Martz wannabe.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3124362 said:
No WR pass.

Top 3 Cowboys WR's:

113 receptions, 1883 yds, 16.7yds per catch and 18 tds

There isnt much of a problem at WR here....on the other hand, both safety positions and the OL do appear to be issues

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3127076 said:
Top 3 Cowboys WR's:

113 receptions, 1883 yds, 16.7yds per catch and 18 tds

There isnt much of a problem at WR here....on the other hand, both safety positions and the OL do appear to be issues

So does that include Witten or just WR's? Even if the position is fine it hasn't been consistent nor is it consistent it's been shaky the whole season and no matter how much you RW lovers like the guy he isn't good neither Crayton. The time to draft actually WR instead of overtraded for average players is now.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Just like the line, Romo makes the WR's look better. We can take one rd.2

Solve the FS spot by signing Nick Collins.

But ify were trading into the top 8 Id just get Eric Berry then celebrate.

Clausen, Suh, Locker, Bradford, Okung, McCoy(OK) all could go higher. Maybe even Bradford or this roided out freak Bruce Cambell depending on their combines. If Berrys sitting there and a cheap team wants to trade back lets go.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3124303 said:
As always I don't mind if you comment, good or bad.

1. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama, 6'4", 255. I am already on record as saying I would trade up to get him. Reminds me of Ray Lewis. Superior football smarts and a non stop motor. Outstanding character.

2. Jason Fox, OT, Miami, 6'6", 315.
The more I read about him, the better I like him. Got to get younger at OL and it starts here.

3. Tyson Alualu, DE, California, 6'3", 290. I believe we will lose either Hatcher or Spears. This kid is instant depth and could one day be a 3-4 DE stud. Nasty streak that gets nastier as the game goes on.

4. John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss, 6'6", 350. He is more a run blocker than a pass blocker, but he is the huge OG that Houck likes.

6. Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State, 6'2", 215.
Known more for hsi brains than his brawn. He has incredible measurables but is a risk given how smart he is. Will he play football or become a Rhodes scholar? In the 6th round, I roll the dice on him.

7. John Estes, C, Hawaii, 6'2", 295. He is versatile, athletic, smart, and mean. The perfect mix for a Center. A team Captain and natural leader.

what about the compensation picks, we should have a possible 3rd for canty and a possible 4th for burnett the linebacker, and maybe a 6th or 7th for keith davis

i think adam said we should get 2 to 3 compensation picks

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3127336 said:
what about the compensation picks, we should have a possible 3rd for canty and a possible 4th for burnett the linebacker, and maybe a 6th or 7th for keith davis

Whereve you been? Adam said none this year

The Realist

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3127336 said:

For the last time......

We signed as much or more as we lost in free agency.

We won't be getting any comp picks.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
The Realist;3127416 said:
For the last time......

We signed as much or more as we lost in free agency.

We won't be getting any comp picks.

i thought adam our cap guru said we would?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3127349 said:
Whereve you been? Adam said none this year

shoot i guess i missed it;

double darn, that stinks;

we got robbed in the 1960 draft with no picks,
then when we lost players at start of free agency in the 90;s losing russell maryland, stepnoski, ken norton jr, larry brown, kevin gogan, jimmy jones etc, we got real low low picks as compensation picks

seems to me we always lose out in compensation picks

i have been drooling over the thought of getting a 3rd compensation for canty and a 4th for burnett,
double darn