Westbrook Out For Year

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
I Live in NJ and on a phili station it said Andy Ried said Bryan Westbrook is out for the year. he did somethin to his foot. eagles have no shot to help us out noww.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
That injury a Lis Franc is bad, He just signed that Extension and this could be career ending or at least he will never be the same.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2250259

PHILADELPHIA -- Running back Brian Westbrook will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury, the fourth Pro Bowl player the Philadelphia Eagles have lost for the season in the last month.

Brian Westbrook
Running Back
Philadelphia Eagles

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
156 att 617 yds 3 td 61 rec 616 yds 4 td

Westbrook injured his foot in the first half of Monday night's 42-0 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. An MRI exam Tuesday confirmed Westbrook has a Lis Franc injury, an injury more common in automobile accidents and equestrian sports.

Westbrook joins quarterback Donovan McNabb (sports hernia), cornerback Lito Sheppard (ankle) and left tackle Tra Thomas (back) on the injured list.

The Eagles also are without All-Pro wideout Terrell Owens, who was suspended four games for conduct detrimental to the team and told not to return.

Westbrook signed a five-year contract extension worth almost $25 million last month. He had been unhappy with his deal and held out the first week of training camp.

Westbrook leads the Eagles with 617 yards rushing and three touchdowns. He also had a team-high 61 catches for 616 yards and four TDs.

A fourth-year pro from Villanova, Westbrook had a breakout year in 2004 with 812 yards rushing and 73 catches for 703 yards in 13 games. He signed a one-year restricted free agent offer for $1.43 million in the offseason.

Westbrook missed just one game because of injury last year, with a broken rib, and missed only one regular-season game in both 2002 and 2003. He did miss the postseason two years ago with a torn triceps.

Rookie Ryan Moats likely will take Westbrook's spot, though he could share time with Lamar Gordon and Reno Mahe.

Moats has 16 carries for 50 yards, and lost a fumble that was returned for a score against Seattle.

Eagles tight end Chad Lewis and free safety Brian Dawkins each have overcome similar foot injuries.

The reigning NFC champion Eagles are last in the NFC East at 5-7.

Givincer

Reaction score
We have to hope that Manning gives the Eagles every chance to win ... not out of the realm of possibility he tried his hardest to give us the game last week...

wsmith_1972

Reaction score
Ah...the last piece of the puzzle. Think they have lost every single player that made a pro bowl...:lmao2:

Actually I was hoping they could stay healthy to take out the Commanders and Giants.

wsmith_1972

Reaction score
Why don't they just say he has a torn ligament or broken bone in the top of the foot.

Lis Franc sounds so gay and is not very descriptive.

zagnut

Reaction score
Not trying to pour salt in the wounds, but the Eagles roster at this point is not much different than the Texans or 49ers. There's practically no talent left. What a disasterous season.

Hiero

Reaction score
Good. Their reign of NFC east is over. I'm sick of hearing about this garbage franchise.

lspain1

Reaction score
When it rains, it pours. They have lost a season. They'll play their youngsters and see what they've got.

Eskimo

Reaction score
wsmith_1972 said:
Why don't they just say he has a torn ligament or broken bone in the top of the foot.

Lis Franc sounds so gay and is not very descriptive.

I think is is named after a doctor.

The foot is a very complicated structure.

Basically it is made up of 3 parts - hindfoot, midfoot and forefoot.

The injury effects the connection between the midfoot and the forefoot. It is commonly a fracture + dislocation injury to the "tarsometatarsal joint". The tarsal basically means midfoot. The metatarsals are long tubular bones that connect the midfoot to your toes.

Eskimo

Reaction score
bigdrulez3141 said:
do you know of any careers it has ended?

Not sure about careers that have ended.

I think this was Duce Staley's injury back in the late 90s.

The one thing you always have to realize is there is a great deal of variability in the extent of such an injury. The best person to assess his likelihood of recovery is the surgeon who operates on him, assesses the damage and compares it to his mental database of similar patients and their rates of recovery.

I suspect he will be back at some point next year - whether he has the same quickness - I don't know.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
well, at least ill get to see lamar gordan play, i grew up in North Dakota and he played there, what can i say?

Hiero

Reaction score
Ryan Moats their former 3rd rd pick I think it was, looks pretty damn bad when i've seen him.