Western Illinois linebacker Jason Williams shines at Northwestern pro day.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I lpve this guy in the draft too,hope the cowboys get to draft him;

DuSable product Williams star of show at Northwestern pro day
By Brad Biggson March 12, 2009 10:56 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBacks (0)
Western Illinois linebacker Jason Williams created a buzz last week at his school's pro day when he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.46 seconds. Problem was, it was on the school's basketball court and most observers acknowledged you had to add at least one-tenth of a second to his time.

So, he showed up at Northwestern's pro day Thursday and did one better, running between 4.42 and 4.48 on a much slower artificial surface in the school's indoor facility. The 2008 Buck Buchanan Award finalist, a DuSable graduate, boosted himself even more for the NFL draft.

Seventeen teams were represented at the pro day, with the Buccaneers sending linebackers coach Joe Barry to work him out. Some of the scouts present admitted they showed up for one reason--to watch Williams. He wasn't invited to the combine but a good showing at the East-West Shrine Game followed by this has him moving up draft boards. He will visit the Bucs and has meetings planned with Indianapolis, Jacksonville and Miami.

Although there is no meeting scheduled with the Bears, Williams said he met with Midwest scout Jeff Shiver at the college all-star game and has spoken to him a couple times since. Williams, 6-1, 238 pounds, projects as an outside linebacker. Keep an eye on him.

Categories:Draft, Jason Williams, Pro day news

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
It's going to take a fourth rounder to get this guy. His size/speed ratio is off the charts. I bet the Cowboys really like this guy. The Dolphins were at his Pro Day, so you can bet he's on the Cowboys' radar.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Get me these players and I am happy

C - Eric Wood
OLB - Jason Williams
OLB - Lawrence Sidbury
LB/S - Jonathan Casillas
DE - Jarron Gilbert
DT - Sammie Lee Hill
DT - Roy Miller
TE - Davon Drew
WR - Johnny Knox

Casillas and Williams would make great Nickel backers with their speed and coverage abilities.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BigGems, these are the players I like, if we get most of these players, i would be jumping up and down for joy.

C - Eric Wood or OG Duke Robinson
OLB - Jason Williams
OLB - Lawrence Sidbury
QB Brett Romar or QB Jason Boltus, Hartwick
DE - Jarron Gilbert
DT - Sammie Lee Hill
OG Louis Vasquez or Jaimie Thomas, Maryland
WR - Johnny Knox

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I took Bunting's top 100 and tried to see the draft through the Cowboys' eyes. I eliminated some players based on size/speed ratio or physical profile since that is how Dallas drafts. Also, I targeted the need areas or value. Here are my results:

Phil Loadholt
Duke Robinson
Lawrence Sidbury Jr.
Eric Wood
Antione Caldwell
William Moore
Dorell Scott
Alex Magee
Chip Vaughn
Cornelius Lewis
Mike Wallace

Based of these players, I would go:

2. Phil Loadholt
3. Dorell Scott
4. Mike Wallace
4. Cornelius Lewis

Jason Williams is lurking.

Edit:

Phil Loadholt isn't in the top 100. I put him in there. He's at least a 2nd rounder. Getting him at 51 will take a minor miracle. The rest of the players are listed in order (from his top 100).

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
the top 100 that i like to look at is goose's, gooselin, he is very good at that, he puts his top 100 together after he contacts all 32 teams and their general managers, etc.