Westy-2 broken ribs

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
The Eagles should be happy that the Phillies are taking attention away from them, otherwise there would be Jumpers on the Ben Franklin bridge.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Wow. I just heard this.

Folks love Westy, but the guy can rarely stay healthy.
And he is one of the most versatile players in football (so I won't take that away from him), but if he had some durability...He would be the best.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I hate to hear about injuries, even to our hated rivals.

However, I think this just about nails the coffin shut for the Birds.

I broke 2 ribs in high school playing football and IT HURTS LIKE HELL!!!

Hostile is correct, you cannot do a freaking thing without your chest feeling like it is going to explode. Just getting out of bed and walking down the hall was painful.

I didnt play for 6 weeks and I never was 100% until the next season.

sk0aL

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2313573 said:
Wow. I just heard this.

Folks love Westy, but the guy can rarely stay healthy.
And he is one of the most versatile players in football (so I won't take that away from him), but if he had some durability...He would be the best.

Westy does have great durability, it's just the Eagles work him like a rented mule. I think he's led the league in carries the past 3 seasons. Not to mention how much they use him out of the backfield on screens and intermediate routes.

I don't care who you are, if you get worked that much you're gonna take a beating.

Boysboy

Reaction score
sk0aL;2313964 said:
Westy does have great durability, it's just the Eagles work him like a rented mule. I think he's led the league in carries the past 3 seasons. Not to mention how much they use him out of the backfield on screens and intermediate routes.

I don't care who you are, if you get worked that much you're gonna take a beating.

He's been injury-prone since high school. In HS, he tore his ACL. I believe he had a significant injury at Vilanova. The last couple of years, he was on the injury list with knee swelling.

If anything-he has Andy Reid to thank for the opportunity to play in the NFL b/c Reid always attends the Vilanova games on the weekends.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Westbrook is a warrior... he's injury prone, yes... but he's a strong strong RB... He is a threat when running, and he's a threat in the passing game... Just flat out makes plays. The Eaglets would truly suck without him as the featured offensive weapon.