WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Passing offense looks crisp

1:45 PM Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Get your popcorn ready. (Will that ever get old?)

The Dallas Cowboys passing offense looked impressive in team drills. Tony Romo and Terrell Owens connected several times including a long would-be touchdown.

Romo also completed several passes to tight end Jason Witten.

And Sam Hurd appears to be locked in as the third wide receiver.

The interesting note is that Patrick Crayton the number two WR last year has been quiet on the field for much of camp. The thing to watch will be how much Hurd pushes him for playing time in two wide out sets.

Cowboys not done yet in Oxnard

1:52 PM Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

We expected this last practice in Oxnard to last 45 minutes to an hour, but now at an hour and 10 minutes we're still going.

Much of the work has been on special teams, which is much needed.

Right now they're workign of kickoffs and kick returns.

Cowboys finally done in Oxnard
2:13 PM Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

After two and a half weeks the Dallas Cowboys are done with training camp in Oxnard, Calif.

The team is meeting on the field now as fans cheer 'Cowboys, Cowboys.'

This last practice took a little longer, an hour and a half compared to the expected 45 minutes or so, but they're done.

The team has a 3 p.m. charter for Denver.

'Not today guys'
2:32 PM Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Richard Bartel the Cowboys third-string quarterback must have a sense of humor.

As reporters were gathered to wait for Tony Romo to talk Bartel said, "Not today guys." Meaning he didn't have time to waste on reporters.

Of course as one photographer noted, it wasn't that long ago it was Romo saying that.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I thought that with the Camp he's having Austin would be the 3rd WR?.

aikemirv

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2190411 said:
Passing offense looks crisp

1:45 PM Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Get your popcorn ready. (Will that ever get old?)

The Dallas Cowboys passing offense looked impressive in team drills. Tony Romo and Terrell Owens connected several times including a long would-be touchdown.

Romo also completed several passes to tight end Jason Witten.

And Sam Hurd appears to be locked in as the third wide receiver.

The interesting note is that Patrick Crayton the number two WR last year has been quiet on the field for much of camp. The thing to watch will be how much Hurd pushes him for playing time in two wide out sets.

Cowboys not done yet in Oxnard

1:52 PM Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

We expected this last practice in Oxnard to last 45 minutes to an hour, but now at an hour and 10 minutes we're still going.

Much of the work has been on special teams, which is much needed.

Right now they're workign of kickoffs and kick returns.

Cowboys finally done in Oxnard
2:13 PM Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

After two and a half weeks the Dallas Cowboys are done with training camp in Oxnard, Calif.

The team is meeting on the field now as fans cheer 'Cowboys, Cowboys.'

This last practice took a little longer, an hour and a half compared to the expected 45 minutes or so, but they're done.

The team has a 3 p.m. charter for Denver.

'Not today guys'
2:32 PM Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Richard Bartel the Cowboys third-string quarterback must have a sense of humor.

As reporters were gathered to wait for Tony Romo to talk Bartel said, "Not today guys." Meaning he didn't have time to waste on reporters.

Of course as one photographer noted, it wasn't that long ago it was Romo saying that.

:eek: :eek: But Cowboy2233 said he was going to be cut

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I doubt Hurd takes any playing time away from Crayton. Crayon is a gamer, He gets open much easier then hurd. I've watched Hurd Closely the guy is a #3 at best.. Miles Austin on the other hand should be able to push Crayton in the future...But Hurd? I really doubt it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2190483 said:
I doubt Hurd takes any playing time away from Crayton. Crayon is a gamer, He gets open much easier then hurd. I've watched Hurd Closely the guy is a #3 at best.. Miles Austin on the other hand should be able to push Crayton in the future...But Hurd? I really doubt it.

Yeah, I like Hurd but I don't think he is going to push Crayton either. I actually think Austin will get his fair share of reps depending on the play call and situation and probably will see as much time as Hurd after it is all said and done.

If Austin is going to draw man coverage on the outside then the cowboys will try to take advantage of that as much as they can. They don't really have that deep option with Hurd at all.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
aikemirv;2190477 said:
:eek: :eek: But Cowboy2233 said he was going to be cut

He says a lot of stupid things doesn't he? :laugh2: