WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How it works for the media at Valley Ranch
12:24 PM Thu, Nov 13, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Let me give you a little background about the process at Valley Ranch.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, the Cowboys have open media access in the locker room, which is where the players are available for interviews. Each session is scheduled for 45 minutes, usually 11:30-12:15.

It's up to the players if they decided to talk. Some players have specific days they talk. It's why Wednesday is always a big day since that's when Tony Romo and Terrell Owens talk. Monday is usually pretty big too since that's the first day after a game. Thursday and Friday, on the other hand, are usually a little more quiet.

Today was almost the extreme. No front-line player had a big chat with the media, in fact virtually no players were around at all. Several were in the nearby lunchroom eating and playing dominoes, but that area is off-limits to the media.

So if you see a lot more of T.O. and Romo and other players who have already talked a lot this week, that is why.

There really isn't much new from the players.

CoCo

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2416066 said:
How it works for the media at Valley Ranch
12:24 PM Thu, Nov 13, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Let me give you a little background about the process at Valley Ranch.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, the Cowboys have open media access in the locker room, which is where the players are available for interviews. Each session is scheduled for 45 minutes, usually 11:30-12:15.

It's up to the players if they decided to talk. Some players have specific days they talk. It's why Wednesday is always a big day since that's when Tony Romo and Terrell Owens talk. Monday is usually pretty big too since that's the first day after a game. Thursday and Friday, on the other hand, are usually a little more quiet.

Today was almost the extreme. No front-line player had a big chat with the media, in fact virtually no players were around at all. Several were in the nearby lunchroom eating and playing dominoes, but that area is off-limits to the media.

So if you see a lot more of T.O. and Romo and other players who have already talked a lot this week, that is why.

There really isn't much new from the players.

In other words, don't blame the media for regurgitating since the players aren't being real talkative.

I'll live.

hendog

Reaction score
I hope they just shut up and play like they're capable.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was missing, the media explaining "how it works".

Zowie!!11