WFAA Blog: Pacman likely to return kickoffs Sunday

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3:52 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Adam "Pacman" Jones will be back on the field for the Dallas Cowboys Sunday in Pittsburgh and coach Wade Phillips says Jones could do something we haven't seen him do as a Cowboy.

No, not avoid Downtown Dallas hot spots, but return kickoffs.

"I think Pacman may be back there some," Phillips said.

Isaiah Stanback will also return kicks; the Cowboys use two deep return men in most situations.

Jones has returned punts and played cornerback for the Cowboys, but has not been back on kickoffs this season. Of course earlier in the year both Felix Jones and Miles Austin were healthy and returning kicks.

Pacman Jones returned 63 kicks for 1,648 yards (26.2 yards a return) in his two years with the Tennessee Titans.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I like this idea. He is our most dangerous return man now than Felix is out. Might as well use him there while we are shorthanded.

NMfan

Reaction score
ajk23az;2461301 said:
I like this idea. He is our most dangerous return man now than Felix is out. Might as well use him there while we are shorthanded.
:hammer:
I agree 100%. We need all the juice we can get. Pull out all the stops because the season is on the line.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
i dont like pac, but hopefully he will do something here for us...

reddyuta

Reaction score
good thing is he cant go backward on a kickoff-thats a positive.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
reddyuta;2461353 said:
good thing is he cant go backward on a kickoff-thats a positive.

He won't fair catch it like Crayton either. :rolleyes:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
This makes me a bit nervous. A guy that hasn't played at all recently is going to return kicks in cold temperatures on a crappy field.

Wet Ball + Recent Hiatus = FUMBLE! :mad:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2461451 said:
This makes me a bit nervous. A guy that hasn't played at all recently is going to return kicks in cold temperatures on a crappy field.

Wet Ball + Recent Hiatus = FUMBLE! :mad:
would you rather have him return kicks or Stanglass?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I can dust off the neck brace..............

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Pacman could be returning kickoffs on Sunday.

All I can say is...

:jackpot:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Rampage;2461466 said:
would you rather have him return kicks or Stanglass?

I just don't want any silly fumbles. We need to play with as few mistakes as possible in this game.

If that means fair catching the ball every time, then so be it. We have Romo and a plethora of weapons. An extra 5 or 10 yards on returns doesn't really do it for me.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Can he stay out of trouble until Sunday? That is the real question.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2461564 said:
I just don't want any silly fumbles. We need to play with as few mistakes as possible in this game.

If that means fair catching the ball every time, then so be it. We have Romo and a plethora of weapons. An extra 5 or 10 yards on returns doesn't really do it for me.
some of you guys act like since he struggled with returns that he's incapable of ever breaking a big return again.

Iago33

Reaction score
Rampage;2461569 said:
some of you guys act like since he struggled with returns that he's incapable of ever breaking a big return again.

We can only go by what we've seen, and we've seen nothing to suggest he is going to do that.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Iago33;2461594 said:
We can only go by what we've seen, and we've seen nothing to suggest he is going to do that.
Marion Barber has done nothing the last 2 games including poor pass blocking. guess he will never get it together either.

Reaction score
I like the idea of him returning kickoffs, get your play makers the ball... I never understood why he wasn't back their from the beginning.