Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the Broncos are saying about practicing with the Cowboys

1:50 PM Wed, Aug 13, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

BRONCOS QUARTERBACK JAY CUTLER

On practicing with the Dallas Cowboys

"I thought it went well. Obviously, they are one of the best teams in the NFL. They're big, physical, and fast. It went well though. We are going to go back and look at the tapes to see what we did well and what we didn't do so well on, but it's definitely good to get somebody else in here instead of the same defenses over and over again. I thought it went well."

On if practicing against the Cowboys is a measuring stick

"That's exactly what it is for us. We have a young team with a lot of new guys. Dallas is one of the top three teams in the NFL. It gives us a good measuring stick to see where we are at and exactly how far we need to go."

On what the Broncos will learn from the Cowboys

"Dallas is Dallas, and they are going to do whatever they are going to do. We are the Broncos, and we are not going to try and emulate them. We are going to handle ourselves exactly the way our owner does and the way Mike Shanahan does. We are going to be first class and go about our business."

On former Cowboys quarterback and current Dallas Quarterbacks Coach Wade Wilson, who also has Type 1 diabetes

"I talked with him before practice, and he has dealt with it for a long time. He said it was manageable, just like I have been doing for the last four or five months. He went through his career with it, and I don't see any reason why I can't."

On the Broncos' offensive line

"We have two young guys on the outside (Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris). They are young, but they are fighting. I think they are going to be good, if not great tackles in the future. Both Ryan's got a taste against Houston, and this is going to be a good test for them in the next two days. I'm comfortable, and I think they have done a great job so far."

On the intensity level rising with practicing against the Cowboys

"You see some guys breathing a little bit harder. Brandon (Marshall) was gassed because he was so juiced up. You have adrenaline running, and it is fun. It is game-like out here, and you get to see somebody different, go against different looks and gauge where you are at. I love doing it."

More on former Cowboys QB Wade Wilson

"There have been a lot of people that have played with diabetes. Even now, athletes have diabetes, especially Type 1, and they are playing. There are people that play with pumps on, so it definitely can be done. I am managing it right now and it is going well."

cowboys2233

Reaction score
"I thought it went well. Obviously, they are one of the best teams in the NFL. They're big, physical, and fast. It went well though. We are going to go back and look at the tapes to see what we did well and what we didn't do so well on, but it's definitely good to get somebody else in here instead of the same defenses over and over again. I thought it went well."

Translation: We heard the Cowboys were all that and a bag of chips, but we whooped their ***** this morning.

"Dallas is Dallas, and they are going to do whatever they are going to do. We are the Broncos, and we are not going to try and emulate them. We are going to handle ourselves exactly the way our owner does and the way Mike Shanahan does. We are going to be first class and go about our business."

Translation: The Cowboys players talk a lot.

"We have two young guys on the outside (Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris). They are young, but they are fighting. I think they are going to be good, if not great tackles in the future. Both Ryan's got a taste against Houston, and this is going to be a good test for them in the next two days. I'm comfortable, and I think they have done a great job so far."

Translation: We've got a couple of rook tackles and they're kicking the crap out of the Cowboys d-line so far.

dre1614

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2190813 said:
Translation: We heard the Cowboys were all that and a bag of chips, but we whooped their ***** this morning.

Translation: We've got a couple of rook tackles and they're kicking the crap out of the Cowboys d-line so far.

Translation: put down the pipe

lkelly

Reaction score
Hopefully he didn't ask Wilson where to get "supplements."

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score

You are either on dope or dog food or you are just plain crazy. No translation required.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score

If I guarantee that the 'Boys starters will get at least 2 sacks against theirs, will that make you be quiet?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
adbutcher;2190909 said:
You are either on dope or dog food or you are just plain crazy. No translation required.

Did I strike a nerve? Or are you just mean? :laugh2:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
187beatdown;2190912 said:
If I guarantee that the 'Boys starters will get at least 2 sacks against theirs, will that make you be quiet?

Since I'll be at the game, I'm going to be busy throwing beer at Burnett for getting rolled by a rookie RB in the first preseason game but if I get a chance, I'll look for those two sacks, Mr. Namath!

BTW, do you think KB likes Budweiser or Coors?

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2190929 said:
Since I'll be at the game, I'm going to be busy throwing beer at Burnett for getting rolled by a rookie RB in the first preseason game but if I get a chance, I'll look for those two sacks, Mr. Namath!

BTW, do you think KB likes Budweiser or Coors?

Why choose? Throw 'em both! :D

tunahelper

Reaction score
From the practice reports it sounds as if the Broncos got the better of us.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

more translation...your a waste of time troll

David

cowboys2233

Reaction score
dbair1967;2191134 said:
more translation...your a waste of time troll

David

Boy, some people need to lighten up! :laugh2: I was trying to have a little fun, Sparky. Wait a minute...I DID have fun! It worked! :laugh2:

From the practice reports it sounds as if the Broncos got the better of us.

Careful Tunahelper, that type of objectivity doesn't go over too well around here. :laugh2: