News: WFP: Should the Dallas Cowboys move on from Amari Cooper?

Carson

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are in win now mode, you keep him.

The odds of a rookie receiver being a #1 or good #2 is slim his first year.
One thing if this team had a shot at a Calvin Johnson type receiver in the draft, but they will be in the range of guys that have potential, but maybe not year one bloomers.
Robby Anderson is another FA WR I could be interested in, but no guarantees he would jive here

Anderson is really a #2 receiver who will be paid like a #1. I like his game. But if I’m paying I’m him 11-12 I just pay Cooper the difference

Carson

Reaction score
losing him now doesn’t take us back to cole and hurns tho. Takes us to an emerging Gallup and promising rookie

Who is behind Gallup though?

Cobb is still a FA
Cooper would be gone
Austin won’t be back
Bryant was just arrested

You cannot enter the season with just Gallup and Smith.

Proof

Reaction score
Who is behind Gallup though?

Cobb is still a FA
Cooper would be gone
Austin won’t be back
Bryant was just arrested

You cannot enter the season with just Gallup and Smith.

onviously don’t know definitely. I’d assume Cobb would be prioritized. As I said a drafted rookie, Noah Brown, Cedric Wilson. Worst case scenario is better than Cole and Hurns. Plenty of room for best case tho. Still rather sign him, just don’t think it would be as dire as previously w/out him personally

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we are in Win Now mode, they keep the team as intact as possible. If not, MM should be allowed to rebuild and that means hasta la vista to Cooper, Dak, and Jones for sure. I get the feeling they will find a way to keep Coop and Dak. Hope we don't regret that if it happens.

Carson

Reaction score
onviously don’t know definitely. I’d assume Cobb would be prioritized. As I said a drafted rookie, Noah Brown, Cedric Wilson. Worst case scenario is better than Cole and Hurns. Plenty of room for best case tho. Still rather sign him, just don’t think it would be as dire as previously w/out him personally

I see what you’re saying @Proof. Just debating for the sake of it haha.

IMO, the Cooper signing will tell me one of two things. If they lock him up, they are serious about winning now. If they are gambling on the draft they see us a few years away

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I see what you’re saying @Proof. Just debating for the sake of it haha.

IMO, the Cooper signing will tell me one of two things. If they lock him up, they are serious about winning now. If they are gambling on the draft they see us a few years away
Or they turn on the tape and see Cooper disappear when we need him the most. I like Cooper, but he doesn’t have a burning desire to win. If he did, he would have been pissed about being taken out of the Philly game on 4th down when he could have won the game for us.