WFT Smackdown Take 2

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I remember a couple of weeks ago when I was hoping the defense could make one final stop at the end to win the game I was thinking how would Washington handle this beatdown?

I understand the flinch reflex considering our D has sucked for 25 years with only a couple of exceptions— so I get that you were worried.

I wasn’t. At all. Our D is good. Not the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens— but a quality D. Lots of pressure. Lots of turnovers. And they absolutely controlled the tempo, tone, and aggression in the game vs the WFT.

I knew they were going to make a play to choke them out— and lo and behold— that is exactly what happened. This D deserves more credit than they are getting— especially when they are playing the Glennon’s, Heinicke’s, and Hill’s of the NFL world lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
country-banjo-player-vector-id506709222

Hillbilly song: 'Knock her down again, Pa...knock her down again! Make her tell us why, Pa...she screamed with all her might!

hillbilly.jpg

Carson

Reaction score
I agree with the thought on this being a home game. I think the Cowboys are going to put it together this week.

FOR THE DIVISION race the other games to watch are:

Chargers @ Houston - We want the Chargers to win
Buffalo @ New England - We want New England to win
LA Rams @ Minnesota - We want Minnesota to win (not considering seeding implications)
NY Giants @ Philadelphia - Obviously we want the Giants to somehow win
Detroit @ Atlanta - We want Atlanta to win
Jacksonville @ NY Jets - We want Jacksonville to win
Denver @ Las Vegas - We want Las Vegas to win

If we get just 3 of our "wants" this weekend, we clinch the division even if we lose to Washington. I do think we get at least 2 but there are some close contests this weekend.
I believe it’s only 2 of those for the division.

If the Saints or 49ers lose we clinch a playoff spot. Saints are starting Ian Book. Safe to say, we likely get a playoff spot at worst

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
..I see Dak getting his former self together. 4 TD's including 1 rushing. 357 yds.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Some thoughts on Sunday’s game:

1. We are at home, and we play much better at home— especially in the RZ

2. Nationally televised primetime game to clinch in style over a rival? Gotta believe the guys will be chomping at the bit

3. Short week of prep + significant physical toll (WFT gave up 200+ yards rushing) + travel + PTSD from the beatdown we gave 2 weeks ago = Good things for Dallas

4. Covid crisis… who is even available for the WFT and how prepped will they be?

Bottom line…. The WFT will come out swinging— but will be met by a buzzsaw

Dallas 38
WFT 17
Wut???
50 to nuttin, boys!!!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Would be fun if Heinicke plays. I know he's hearing foot steps. I haven't seen a Qb get the snot kicked out of him like that in awhile lol.
I'd love it if Heinicke actually is their starting QB. He has to have thoughts of that last beat down that Dallas delt him on his mind.

Reactions: CWR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
1. We are at home, and we play much better at home— especially in the RZ

Two of our worst games were at home against Denver and the Raiders. We’ve currently won three straight on the road. The Cowboys aren’t that great at home. They’re only 12 games over 500 since AT&T stadium opened in 2009. Playing at home isn’t that big of an advantage for the Cowboys. Sometimes I wonder if they even have an advantage playing at home.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Two of our worst games were at home against Denver and the Raiders. We’ve currently won three straight on the road. The Cowboys aren’t that great at home. They’re only 12 games over 500 since AT&T stadium opened in 2009. Playing at home isn’t that big of an advantage for the Cowboys. Sometimes I wonder if they even have an advantage playing at home.

We are 4-2 at home. And more importantly— our RZ efficiency at home is top 3 in the NFL. RZ efficiency on the road? Bottom 3.

The offense is what is struggling most right now— and they play better at home.