What’s the chance fans will accept the signing and that Dak is the QB?

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
And some wanted to see Dak get paid more than they care about the Cowboys being able to build a better team around their QB.

Jerry just sent the team back to the Romo days when there wasn't enough money left to build a good team around him.

So Dak didn't inherit a good team in 2016? Good. Glad we got that cleared up.

king987

Reaction score
Resigning a good QB in his prime is going to cost a ton of cap space. No way getting around that.

Trading for Russell sounds interesting. But Russell would have cost some picks and his contract isn't exactly team friendly, either. Plus, while I think Russell is a better QB overall, I don't think the gap is as big as some might make it out to be. I think they're actually pretty close. Dak is also five years younger.

Drafting a QB at 10 sounds like crazy fun. But that QB at 10 is no way guaranteed to be as remotely as good as Dak. Heck, 1st Round QBs has been pretty hit or miss recently, too.

In the end, while nothing is ever guaranteed, I think this is the best route for potential success. Keep the franchise QB that the team adores and fix that defense.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Everyone has a right to his opinion, and this is a public forum, but is there any chance the so-called “haters,” mostly just people with low opinions of Dak as a QB, can now accept the signing and reality that Dak is the QB for a few years at least, and whether they are right or wrong about his future performance, at least root for him and let the rest of us enjoy wins without pointing out every flawed throw or decision?

I mean the past two seasons have really not been fun after wins in this forum.

Any chance some of you valued and excellent posters can save most of the negativity towards our QB for the losses? Let it flow after losses, and we will argue how much of the blame Dak deserves. All I ask is at least when OUR team wins a game, even if we go 1-15, try to let the rest of us enjoy that win until the next loss. I’m not saying your analysis isn’t valuable and even correct, but it’s a long season, and wins are hard to come by in the NFL. Let’s try to enjoy the wins and burn the whole place down after losses.
They don't really have a choice.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Well with the money he is making I think some expect him to deliver the Cowboys to the promise land. I hope he does and will be rooting for him and the Cowboys to do so. If he doesn’t than he will be criticized as will the Joneses for giving him the contract.

Dak will wipe his tears with $20 bills like Zeke does. Actually, Dak will use $50 bills given the contract size.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Well with the money he is making I think some expect him to deliver the Cowboys to the promise land. I hope he does and will be rooting for him and the Cowboys to do so. If he doesn’t than he will be criticized as will the Joneses for giving him the contract.

So same for every QB that is getting elite money, not just Dak.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Not happening. Zeke getting paid didn’t help his popularity. Same with dlaw, Jaylon, even cooper who is a strong producer. If anything expectations grow to an unrealistic goal.

Id also guess that if In your post you ask that even in a 1 win season we all try to be positive you’re gonna get some backlash. You pay a qb 40 mil and get 1 win jerry should be forced to sell the team. There should be 0 celebration.
I celebrated like crazy when we only one game under Jimmy.....that one win saved us from infamy and was against the Commanders. I wasn’t celebrating the year, but I take a season one game at a time, I guess. And Itry to enjoy them all.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Everyone has a right to his opinion, and this is a public forum, but is there any chance the so-called “haters,” mostly just people with low opinions of Dak as a QB, can now accept the signing and reality that Dak is the QB for a few years at least, and whether they are right or wrong about his future performance, at least root for him and let the rest of us enjoy wins without pointing out every flawed throw or decision?

I mean the past two seasons have really not been fun after wins in this forum.

Any chance some of you valued and excellent posters can save most of the negativity towards our QB for the losses? Let it flow after losses, and we will argue how much of the blame Dak deserves. All I ask is at least when OUR team wins a game, even if we go 1-15, try to let the rest of us enjoy that win until the next loss. I’m not saying your analysis isn’t valuable and even correct, but it’s a long season, and wins are hard to come by in the NFL. Let’s try to enjoy the wins and burn the whole place down after losses.

No one is going to change their opinion of Dak because of the contract. Some will if the Cowboys win a SB with him. Some never will, regardless.

bigE79

Reaction score
Lol good luck with that. You're talking about a group that would rather see dak play poorly than see the team win.
Or the group that would rather see dalton lose or play poorly than the team win...there were many of them also.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
FYI....mods changed my title. I never intended to ask anyone who doesn’t like or respect his game to accept Dak. All I asked was that they burn him and the team after losses and let the rest of us enjoy the wins without every celebratory Sunday thread attacking Dak and ruining it for those of us who want to feel good. The change of title gives my thread an unintended perception.....Sorry.

Read the post and imagine the title is just “What’s the Chance?” (Original)
Intention: What’s the Chance we can be allowed to celebrate wins on Sundays and fight after losses. :)

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I'm one of those guys. I have hated the way they have run this organization for decades. They still have no idea how to build a winning team. They build teams for publicity.

Dak will always be a tier B QB. I love the cowboys because I live in DFW but I love to hate them too and this gives me a reason to enjoy laughing at them for the next 5 years as they continue to fail and never even sniff a SB.

The only way to win a SB with Dak is a top 5 defense and we just don't operate like that.

So yes I would rather see them lose just to burn home a point to the team and 80% of the moron fans on this site that blindly support Dak despite him only being a good QB but wanting to get our like he is an elite QB.

#another5yearsofmediocrity

OGCowboy

Reaction score
I’m not a Dak lover but hey they made their decision and now I’m behind the vatto 100%...always been a Cowboys fan and always will be. I got DPs six on Sundays now...Orale
Puro Cowboys

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have no choice but to accept it. That doesn't mean we have to agree and think it was the right move.