What’s with Bryant?

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
We get Bryant but aren’t using him? Still stuck on the practice squad? Big, physical receiver we’ve been needing? I need it to make sense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We get Bryant but aren’t using him? Still stuck on the practice squad? Big, physical receiver we’ve been needing? I need it to make sense.
He hasn’t played in the NFL in five years. We picked him up during the season so he’s way behind. Plus we have two young receivers we’re trying to develop. Don’t know why some of you are so excited about him.

rambo2

Reaction score
He is depth. The Cowboys receiver group is very good.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
He's played for 7 teams in the last 5 years. Most of those he didn't even last a few months with that team. He's got issues. Something tells me the same issues as Kelvin Joseph. I think he's a project. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon hear about him getting released.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
He's been out of the nfl for half a decade. You expected him to be ready 2 weeks after signing him?
Really fair point. I almost wonder if he's a 2024 or maybe emergency 2023 WR should someone go down.

Toro9

Reaction score
32 years old, hasn't been in the NFL for 5 years. Might need some time to get ready.
By the way the guy wasn't exactly a superstar in his prime. Averaged about 40 catches a season but did have some nice grabs. I think he's insurance for Gallup.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why? He has been out of the league for 5 years. He is 32 where most WRs retire. Was average when he played. Hasn't played Football. He is not in football.shape. he doesn't know the playback. Been on the team.for a few weeks. Not even pre season to build some rapport. He has to learn to play special teams. And Cowboys WRs are doing well so why disrupt the apple cart? So that a few fans get satisfied? You probably won't see him.this season

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm hoping for the last month of the season. At least a couple of games before the playoffs.

Then he's our lead receiver next year.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy hasn’t played a down of NFL football for 5 years. and his last 4 football stops have been in 3 years at the following addresses:
  • The Massachusetts Pirates of the Indoor Football League (IFL) in 2021.
  • The Edmonton Elks of the CFL in 2022. Was released BEFORE training camp.
  • Fan Controlled Football (FCF) “Beasts” in 2022 as well. The same league Johnny Manziel played in.
  • The XFLs Vegas Vipers in 2023 before being released earlier this year.
So when you watch the great highlights of Bryant when he played for the Steelers from 2014-17, realize that was back when this guy was in his 20s. He turns 32 in about 3 weeks.

Let’s be real here. Yeah he’s still fast but if he was so great why is so available with his recent resume? I wish him the best but I’ll be shocked if does anything.