What’s with Bryant?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy hasn’t played a down of NFL football for 5 years. and his last 4 football stops have been in 3 years at the following addresses:
  • The Massachusetts Pirates of the Indoor Football League (IFL) in 2021.
  • The Edmonton Elks of the CFL in 2022. Was released BEFORE training camp.
  • Fan Controlled Football (FCF) “Beasts” in 2022 as well. The same league Johnny Manziel played in.
  • The XFLs Vegas Vipers in 2023 before being released earlier this year.
So when you watch the great highlights of Bryant when he played for the Steelers from 2014-17, realize that was back when this guy was in his 20s. He turns 32 in about 3 weeks.

Let’s be real here. Yeah he’s still fast but if he was so great why is so available with his recent resume? I wish him the best but I’ll be shocked if does anything.

Oh my gosh, Bob. If haters had a Hall of Fame you'd go in on the first ballot.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
We get Bryant but aren’t using him? Still stuck on the practice squad? Big, physical receiver we’ve been needing? I need it to make sense.
Haven't been satisfied with Lamb, Cooks, and Ferguson? With contributions by Turpin and Gallup?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It actually makes all the sense in the world…..he’s been out of the league for nearly 5 years and despite the name and some success years ago is basically a project player at this point in his career. Someone who you take a flyer on and hope he rekindles something of his old talent. A lottery ticket.

There’s a great chance He will be luckily if he even gets real snaps in a game all year

coult44

Reaction score
We get Bryant but aren’t using him? Still stuck on the practice squad? Big, physical receiver we’ve been needing? I need it to make sense.
We’ve lead the league in offense , do we really “need him”

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Why exactly are you worried about a 30-something year old receiver that hasn't played in the NFL since 2018 when the Cowboys' offense has been on a roll?

Bryant is a spare body for practice, which is why he was only signed to the practice squad. With Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin, Gallup, and now even Jalen Brooks producing at receiver who are you sitting just to get Bryant out there????

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If he comes in it will be to replace Gallup I believe.

They’re gonna ask him to do 1 thing and 1 thing only and that’s win contested passes down the sideline.

Gallup is officially a shell of himself.

I’d rather get Tolbert and Brooks on the field at this point.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If you and enough of your friends buy Bryant jerseys, I’m sure Jerry will reward you with a box seat and some Bryant playing time.

conner01

Reaction score
It will make more sense when he is never elevated to the team and let go in the offseason.
That is a possibility or they see something in him and bring him back to camp. He hasn’t played in a very long time and the only way I see him moved up this year is an injury. But the balls in his court. He has the rest of the season to impress the staff enough to get that camp invite

JustChip

Reaction score
He hasn’t played in the NFL in five years. We picked him up during the season so he’s way behind. Plus we have two young receivers we’re trying to develop. Don’t know why some of you are so excited about him.
Because he’s a name.

JustChip

Reaction score
It actually makes all the sense in the world…..he’s been out of the league for nearly 5 years and despite the name and some success years ago is basically a project player at this point in his career. Someone who you take a flyer on and hope he rekindles something of his old talent. A lottery ticket.

There’s a great chance He will be luckily if he even gets real snaps in a game all year
Yep. Cooks has been here all year and only started making a contribution the last 2 weeks.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Unless he’s blowing past Bland and Gilmore in practice he’s probably not getting a shot.
One might play the Elvis song: return to sender, address unknown, no such number, no such place....at least until he progresses and reappears as a location.

exciter

Reaction score
lol, he’s been out of the league four 4 or 5 years but he’s supposed to be able to play against NFL caliber players after 2 weeks on the practice squad when he was nothing more than an average receiver in his prime.
Reality… if this guy ever takes a snap it’s most likely gonna be because it was forced and he had no business being on the field!