What’s wrong with our D?

birdwells1

Reaction score
IMO this is the same defense as last year, the only thing that's changed is the offensive philosophy.

1. Last year our offense wanted long run controlled offensive drives to chew up the clock and wear down the opposing teams defense, this played right into the hands off our (or any) defense. It gives the opposing teams less drives and less plays per game while keeping the defense fresh. This year we've been a quick strike attack mostly through the air and scoring very quickly at times.

2. The Cowboys have been doing something that we're not quite used to, BLOWING OUT BAD TEAMS. In the past they would try to get a 7 or 3 point lead and try to run out the clock with the run game. Now they have been up by double figures or more in all 3 games meaning that the defenses bend but don't break philosophy has been in place starting in the middle of the 3rd quarter. That's how teams get a lot of garbage yards and points.

3. Most teams with prolific offenses have this same issue, Rams, Chiefs, Saints, all give up a lot of yards and more points than they're fans would like, but they also get ints which we haven't got.

I just think that if I had to have one or the other give me this version of the Cowboys vs last seasons because nowadays offense wins championships and it looks like we finally have a championship offense.