What a difference a key change makes -- Every Breath You Take

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Holy crap, this guy converted the Police's Every Breath You Take to a minor key. It makes it sound totally sinister. I always thought the lyrics were stalkerish, but the minor key really emphasizes that. It sounds like a song by a lunatic totally obsessed by some girl and he's up to no good.

Here you need comparison, here's the original version.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Holy crap, this guy converted the Police's Every Breath You Take to a minor key. It makes it sound totally sinister. I always thought the lyrics were stalkerish, but the minor key really emphasizes that. It sounds like a song by a lunatic totally obsessed by some girl and he's up to no good.

Here you need comparison, here's the original version.

That was pretty neat, mucho respect for the Police{and minor keys}.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sounds like he just filtered through the harmonies in the tracks and picked this one out....Still a crappy song.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's another minor key version. This guy converted the key and rearranged and re-recorded it, changing some emphasis. IMO this one sounds even creepier.

Take this one over the original all day long. I was more of a fan of Sting's when he went solo, Fields of Gold is the best song he ever did.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I always liked that "Murder by numbers" the police put out & there was another tune about a black spot on the sun today,,,I could tolerate hearing that one

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I was always a big fan of The Police and kinda sad that the egos couldn't coexist, they put out some great music together. They did have a kinda dark side to their music, "Can't Stand Losing You" is about committing suicide after a break up. Even songs like "Be My Girl (Sally)" about a blow up doll, is pretty funny, but kinda creepy too........ lol

nobody

Reaction score
I'd probably like the Police more without Sting. He should tour with Bono, and they could call it The Pomposity Tour.

I saw an interview with Sting in the 90's where he had several musical instruments in a room and he claimed to the interviewer that he could play them better than anyone else in the world.

Pompous is right.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Wow. That is pretty bleepin' arrogant.
Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha! Now Reverend?,,,don't you recall as to the facts being once He'd shed his outer skin of being the lead man for the POLICE, that he quickly transmutated into some kinda' self proclaimed tantric sex guru of never to be surpassed of tryanalsoreous proportions,Proclaiming his achieved Supremency to any& all media cretins festooned of camera& microphone?,,, it quickly became hurl worthily pathetic in short order upon visual I.d. of his tweaked out mug/ mention of his golden sting ,,,on t.v./radio:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha! Now Reverend?,,,don't you recall as to the facts being once He'd shed his outer skin of being the lead man for the POLICE, that he quickly transmutated into some kinda' self proclaimed tantric sex guru of never to be surpassed tryanalsoreous proportions,Proclaiming his achieved Supremency to any& all media cretins festooned of camera& microphone?,,, it quickly became hurl worthily pathetic in short order upon visual I.d. of his tweaked out mug/ mention of his golden sting ,,,on t.v./radio:rolleyes:

To be honest, I never really followed his career that closely. I remember when some of his songs were popular and that's about it.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
To be honest, I never really followed his career that closely. I remember when some of his songs were popular and that's about it.
I COPY on that Bro!,,, it had to be around the time( or past the dominant) span of M.T.V.'S death spiral / flameout,,, it was something akin to a mortal man proclaiming himself a god in his arrogance ( as that's what the initial view of it was with me back then& it must've been a pretty solid view of it then ,if I'm feeling compelled in espousing a view concercerning him& that's really a fouled up way to operate from, ya-know? Considering there's infinitely more worthwhile memories in one's retention to draw from in casual banter,o_O

*I really liked that 3rd cover version tune you posted up the best, myself, as well:thumbup: