Kangaroo

Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8648108

Man flagged by police for impersonating Steeler quarterbacks
July 15, 2005
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports
dot.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica]

[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica] PITTSBURGH -- Police have flagged a man for an illegal quarterback sneak. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica] Authorities said Brian Jackson, 31, dated two women by pretending to be Pittsburgh Steelers quarterbacks Ben Roethlisberger and Brian St. Pierre. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica] Jackson, arrested Friday, was charged with harassment for allegedly continuing to contact both women after they learned of the ruses. He was also charged with criminal mischief for allegedly ruining a Steelers jersey owned by one of the women's neighbors when he signed his worthless rendition of Roethlisberger's autograph on it. The jersey was worth $75 before it was signed, police said. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica] Jackson and his attorney, Paul Boas, declined comment after he was arraigned in Pittsburgh City Court and released on an unsecured bond Friday. Boas again declined comment when reached at his office. Jackson faces a preliminary hearing July 25. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] [/font]
img8648159.jpg
Be like Ben? That's what Brian Jackson wanted to do. (Getty Images) [font=Arial, Helvetica] The team didn't immediately return a call seeking comment. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica] In one of the scams, Jackson arrived at the woman's home on July 6, gave her an autographed football and pretended to be Roethlisberger, signing the neighbor's jersey, authorities said. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica] When she returned home from their date that night, the neighbor brought her a newspaper article and told her that the man wasn't Roethlisberger. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica] Allegheny County police said Jackson pretended to be St. Pierre, the third-string quarterback, when he met a woman last September. She told police that during the three weeks they were in contact, Jackson often talked of his "teammates" and offered to autograph footballs for neighborhood kids. Jackson also told the woman to watch Steelers games so she could see him when he went into the game, police said. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica] When the woman did watch a Steelers game, she saw the real Brian St. Pierre on the screen and realized that Jackson was an impostor, police said. Jackson tried to explain to the woman that he looked "different" on TV, but she asked him not to contact her, police said. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004-2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
[/font]

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't even be mad at the guy for trying to get over like that. First of all any guy who came up to me saying he played for ANY professional sports org. I'd be on the web so fast researching, dude wouldn't know what hit him.

It shouldn't have taken the woman weeks to figure it out. I would've checked that same day. Not even an hour after meeting him.

And then for her not to know who Ben R. was?? Crazy..