What a terrible draft for what was in front of us and available to us

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Couldn't think of a worse job. I can get past the 1st and 3rd round picks. Those while not great for what was there at least those you could sell to me a little but combine that with the rest of this draft and my god what a travesty. The reach for TE in the 2nd was one of the worst for a position in a while. You could tell the Joneses and Fat Mike interfered with McClays work. Terrible, just Terrible.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry says hush, take it and like it. And don't forget to give him your money.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
You should put down what players you wanted them to draft at each pick and save it to come back to in 2 years. Be interesting to compare.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone didn't get their pet cat drafted. So the entire draft sucked.

The players the Cowboys drafted were drafted for a reason. They didn't draw names from a hat. Rather than figure out why, I guess it's easier to just question and criticize.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Couldn't think of a worse job. I can get past the 1st and 3rd round picks. Those while not great for what was there at least those you could sell to me a little but combine that with the rest of this draft and my god what a travesty. The reach for TE in the 2nd was one of the worst for a position in a while. You could tell the Joneses and Fat Mike interfered with McClays work. Terrible, just Terrible.
Finally!! The Crystal Ball meltdown!

Jipper

Reaction score
Outside our our 2nd round TE all the other picks made sense both at where they were picked and why they were picked.

The TE should have been one of the guards on the board...make that change and we probably did about the best we could have picking where we were

CampJR

Reaction score
What would have been your draft?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outside our our 2nd round TE all the other picks made sense both at where they were picked and why they were picked.

The TE should have been one of the guards on the board...make that change and we probably did about the best we could have picking where we were
There is a reason the Cowboys drafted Luke Schoonmaker and not O'Cyrus Torrence.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You could tell the Joneses and Fat Mike interfered with McClays work. Terrible, just Terrible.
Wrong....McClay's exact quote on the option of who to pick in the first....."we have not had a Defensive Linesman this high in quite some time".

You maybe upset, but Will sounds excited.

Champboy1

Reaction score
The DT is a great player, he was the best NT in the draft. He can play the 1 technique and quick enough to play the 3 technique as well. For a big guy, he is extremely strong, quick and tough. He is a true DOG!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This is what we got out of this draft that is good.

Cooks
Gilmore
Mazi
Schoonmaker
Overshown
Fehoko
Asim
Deuce

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

I would feel so differently if we had drafted O'cyrus Torrence instead of Schoonmaker.

But I'm going to give it some time and see how it plays out.

Champboy1

Reaction score
The draft was a C but we made up for it on the uddrafted free agents:

WR Jalen Moreno-Cropper - Fresno State
G T.J. Bass - Oregon
DE Isaiah Land - Florida A&M
FB Hunter Luepke - North Dakota State
OLB Durrell Johnson - Liberty

These guys will make the team

Kwyn

Reaction score
Someone didn't get their pet cat drafted. So the entire draft sucked.

The players the Cowboys drafted were drafted for a reason. They didn't draw names from a hat. Rather than figure out why, I guess it's easier to just question and criticize.
He didn’t have a pet cat. I tend to believe posters like this just read what everyone else is commenting about and then chooses to be outraged.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
But the Cowboys didn't want Torrence.
Yeah that's why I said I'm just going to wait and see. I'll defer to McClay and Co.'s opinion.

I thought Torrence was a great prospect at the right value, and fit the physical identity they're trying to build on offense.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I would feel so differently if we had drafted O'cyrus Torrence instead of Schoonmaker.

But I'm going to give it some time and see how it plays out.
People are wildly overrating Torrence.

I liked him and at one point wanted him in the first, but he's not a can't-miss, blue chip prospect. There are guys like him in every draft.