What About Jimmy Johnson Returning As Coach?

Cowboy89

Reaction score
Would y'all be open to Jimmy returning as coach? This is assuming JJ is open to it of course.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No. Jimmy's been out of coaching too long and he would never come back anyway. We just have to move on from those 90's teams.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It's hard to keep up. lol
Yea, those spineless fools are so simple minded they come incognito.

It must be bad to hate your own team so much you hide your fandom in other message boards.........but they're not known for being very smart anyway.

Cowboy89

Reaction score
Yea, those spineless fools are so simple minded they come incognito.

It must be bad to hate your own team so much you hide your fandom in other message boards.........but they're not known for being very smart anyway.

I'm not an Eagles fan. Why did you think I was?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It’s been awhile since somebody posted this. Jimmy is getting up there in age and he’s been out of the game far too long...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Would y'all be open to Jimmy returning as coach? This is assuming JJ is open to it of course.
love jimmy j. But hes older than dirt and been away too long. Bob Stoops or David Shaw...or jeff fisher.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Bob Stoops.
Urban Meyer.
Nick Saban...but he wants what JJ won't give up.

but more than likely...JJ gets rid of Linehan and brings in a new OC...and possibly a QB coach....so if that is the scenario,give me Bruce Arians as O.C. and Tom Moore as QB coach.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will snow in downtown Dallas on July 4th before that happens.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Meyer has too much baggage, even for Dallas. Plus the offense he runs wont work here. Don't like the guy...something about him just makes me think he's purely a college coach. Buyer beware. Remember when we hired Jason Garrett. We interviewed Jeff Fisher as well. We reportedly almost picked Fisher,but went with Carrot Top.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

He's 75, doesn't need the money, talks football on Sundays, and spends the rest of his time deep sea fishing.

Why on earth would he want to come back? Might as well ask if Tom Landry can raise from the dead. :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Meyer has too much baggage, even for Dallas. Plus the offense he runs wont work here. Don't like the guy...something about him just makes me think he's purely a college coach. Buyer beware. Remember when we hired Jason Garrett. We interviewed Jeff Fisher as well. We reportedly almost picked Fisher,but went with Carrot Top.

Jeff Fisher would've been a dumb choice too, so OF COURSE Jerry would consider him.. Dude got carried to a Super Bowl thanks to the Music City miracle, Eddie George, and Steve McNair and produced nothing but mediocrity the rest of his career. The Rams got instantly better the day they fired him.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Booger would never allow Jimmy or any other legitimate head coach (I'm sneering at you Garrett) have the complete power like Jimmy had in the early 90's. Jerry will remain our phantom hc until he dies. He will continue to talk schemes, set the starting lineups, and perform all duties normally attributed to the head coach. Jerry lacks the balls to wear the whistle and stand on the sidelines because then he loses his scapegoat.

rynochop

Reaction score
Jimmy doesn't even bother to stay til halftime anymore, he leaves after the pregame, but he's gonna put in NFL head coach hours?