What about Nick Saban?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
No thanks his players are typically undisciplined and have no accountability something sorely lacking here since Bill left.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Would you be for or against the Cowboys looking into hiring Saban to be the team's next head coach?

Id be fine with it! Maybe he learned first time around. I’ve seen Sturm throw Stoops out too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Id be fine with it! Maybe he learned first time around. I’ve seen Sturm throw Stoops out too.

I think we're casting a wide net. And if so, I'm glad. Leave no stone unturned. Heck, offer Belicheck $20 million a year. It's uncapped.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Against. He only succeeds at Bama because he gets 10 five star recruits every year.

He knows defense. He coached the Browns defense to #1 in the league way back when he was on Belicheck's staff. And it's not like they were stocked with those "five star recruits".

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well that’s true he also didn’t report to Jerry Jones but you’re point is not without truth
Did Bill Parcels report to Jerry? Seems most coaches Jerry wants to control but a select few he gives freedom too. Perhaps, Jerry would make a tiny exception for Saban....... unless he started having success.

starfan1

Reaction score
Did Bill Parcels report to Jerry? Seems most coaches Jerry wants to control but a select few he gives freedom too. Perhaps, Jerry would make a tiny exception for Saban....... unless he started having success.
Time will tell but first step is to axe Garrett that would make my 2020

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Will he be allowed to have the elite players like he gets at Alabama?
You can bet your ponderosa he would be drafting more SEC players than this regime. The SEC talent this organization has passed on for small school "projects" is disturbing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For.

But he isn't coming to Jerry World.

I've heard that they will at least inquire about him and gauge any potential interest.

And I would applaud them for leaving no stone unturned. Cast the widest net you possibly can.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak would certainly get the Big Bill treatment Romo got. Saban is no nonsense as they come.

cowboyec

Reaction score
OH...HELL...YEAH.

but considering how things went at miami...he wanted to sign drew brees...the gm over ruled him and said they were going with culpepper.
if he does return....he's gonna want more control than he'll get here.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
If everyone is hell bent on college coaches, the only one I'd consider would be Ed Orgeron.

Named interim in 2016 and has been legit. Defense minded.

He'd never put up with Jed tho.........which leaves the cowboys very thin with options.