What Advantage does Linehan offer up at the box?

Pants

Reaction score
they put him up there because Amari would be in his face the entire game when the defense is on the field...

....seriously though, I don't care, just get rid of him...he has shown that he cannot coach his way out of a wet paper bag...relying on this guy for anything is foolish....tack on a Dak that just isn't playing well (some on him, some on lack of coaching) and it is time to move on from scotty

Ddisco22

Reaction score
No he developed a whole new offense for Dak that was fresh. Nobody knew what was coming next. Then in 2017 we get the Linehan base offense. more of same this year.
Same with 2014, he developed a horizontal attack for Romo and abandoned it in 2015, you saw the results both years.

Ask yourselves, is the offense on the field yesterday anything remotely like 2016, a offense that was tailored to Dak and Zeke's strengths?

Why aren't we running the miss-directions, counters, traps, RPOs and variations of it? We have OL's who can pull and kill people.

Maybe because Scott's ego won't allow it. Please Jerry, if you make one adjustment this off season, make it this clown.
Maybe they're saving it for the postseason

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I think he should move up further. Maybe the roof or the moon.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No he developed a whole new offense for Dak that was fresh. Nobody knew what was coming next. Then in 2017 we get the Linehan base offense. more of same this year.
Same with 2014, he developed a horizontal attack for Romo and abandoned it in 2015, you saw the results both years.

Ask yourselves, is the offense on the field yesterday anything remotely like 2016, a offense that was tailored to Dak and Zeke's strengths?

Why aren't we running the miss-directions, counters, traps, RPOs and variations of it? We have OL's who can pull and kill people.

Maybe because Scott's ego won't allow it. Please Jerry, if you make one adjustment this off season, make it this clown.
lets hope SL is forced to use this missing element in the playoff's, it has to be the plan.. throw out base and just play loose and fast..how can we ever live with ourselves if we try to just run clock kick FGs and punt not to lose in a Playoff game? we need the playbook that scott seems to misplace most games, hes used them but we need to use them as the norm..

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
I don't care if he sits on Jerry's lap. Play calling is a art. Some people have it some don't . He's a brilliant offensive mind, but he has no feel for the game. I'm sure he watches tons of tape, but defenses adjust during the game, he doesn't.

I get so tired of seeing Zeke have great success running outside the tackles, yet he will abandon it without making the defense adjust . He could force defenses to quit stacking the box if he'd attack the whole field.

I see CBs playing off our WRs 10 plus yards , yet we refuse to let the WRs run a quick inside slant. We have the speed. It always works for at least 5 yards. But alas, it's not part of HIS offense, so we won't go there.
It's BULLCRAP, HE'S BULLCRAP, AND WILL COST US ONE AND DONE.
RANT/
I like your perspective. I wonder if Dak is allowed o change the play. There was aclot of mention in the Eagles game on Dak changing the route for Cooper

JustChip

Reaction score
I was livid at that sweep to Cooper from the 3 yard line yesterday that lost 7 yards. I mean, crap, you're at the 3 and you run a play with the ball carrier running parallel to the line 5-6 yards deep. I was screaming to can Linehan then and there, and I've not been one calling for Linehan's head (I thought the play-call last week on the failed pass to Olawale was outstanding and should've resulted in a TD had Dak and Olawale executed better).

But then a funny thing happened - I saw a replay of the Rams against the Cards yesterday from the 4 yard line and, lo and behold, they ran essentially the same play with Woods getting the ball and scored. McVeigh is a genius and Linehan is a idiot. The difference? One play was successful and one was not. Simple as that. Maybe the Dallas play failed because TB just simply made a nice defensive play, or maybe there was poor execution on Dallas' part, of which neither is an indictment of Linehan or the play call.

Verdict

Reaction score
I feel that is one reason why his playcalling has sucked. He is so out of touch with what's going on down in the field.

We have the worst offense in the league. Honestly, I find it a joke. What advantage does he actually get from being in that box?

None. Next question.

Centex

Reaction score
In the booth he can't be punched in the head by a player that matters.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
The guy is a loser. We brought his loser mentality to our offense. Heck his loser mentality and Garretts play it safe mentality is a deadly mix. Stafford in linehan offense was sacked alot. And look what do we have here. Dak one of if not THE most sacked QB in the NFL. Both him and Garrett are both poor at making adjustments which is another story in itself.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I thinks the better question is what does Linehan offer at all? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Zman5

Reaction score
When Dak and Cooper draw up plays and score, he has better view of Dak giving him the finger afterwards.

kevm3

Reaction score
From the booth he gets to see the wide open receivers Dak some how misses, gets to see the sacks develop as Dak holds the ball and tries to coach to his playing level that day. I am at the point of believing that the OC and HC are calling plays to mask Dak's weaknesses. Common theme is SL stinks, don't remember that in 2016, started last year when Zeke when out and Dak couldn't carry the team or throw a pass to save his life, squeaked by Tampa no thanks to Dak, I am not a hater wish truly Dak could be the answer but doesn't look that way and Jerry in his infatuate wisdom has no QB that may show promise on the team, like the idiot gambler he is he put all his chips in the pot on Dak and he will regret he did in my opinion.

If Dak was the only qb that looked like that in this offense, then I'd say he was 'masking' Dak, but Weeden, Moore, Cassell, and Sanchez had the same look. Dak from first year to second looked like a completely different qb as did Cooper Rush. The system here is the problem.

kskboys

Reaction score
I feel that is one reason why his playcalling has sucked. He is so out of touch with what's going on down in the field.

We have the worst offense in the league. Honestly, I find it a joke. What advantage does he actually get from being in that box?
Maybe his ferts don't stink too bad?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If Dak was the only qb that looked like that in this offense, then I'd say he was 'masking' Dak, but Weeden, Moore, Cassell, and Sanchez had the same look. Dak from first year to second looked like a completely different qb as did Cooper Rush. The system here is the problem.

I'm totally in agreement. Why does every QB regress in this system? Why can't the system adjust to the skillset of our players? It seems every team except us has made it simple for the QBs to succeed. Not Dallas. Its like the deathbed of all QBs except for Romo.

Linehan didn't like Romo. That's because he often changed the plays. That's probably why they like Dak more than Romo. Because Dak doesn't change the plays.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score

I thought he moved to the press box simply because the fans near the field were throwing beer cans at him? :)