What are chances that Micah Parsons regresses this up coming season?

elcowboi

Reaction score
Probably the same amount of chance Jerry will sell the team to a competent owner...

Motorola

Reaction score
How did you come up with 55%?
I’m sure you have some mathematical formula or data to based this prediction on lol
Nah
Just pulled it out of your…
My guess...the '55%' refers to LVE, whose jersey number is 55.
Rookie season: 16 games, 11 starts, 140 tackles (102 solo, 38 assisted), 7 passes defended, 2 INT
2nd year: only 9 games, 9 starts, 72 tackles (43 solo, 28 assisted) 3 passes defended
Vander Esch's drop off due to injury.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Rookie season: 16 games, 11 starts, 140 tackles (102 solo, 38 assisted), 7 passes defended, 2 INT
2nd year: only 9 games, 9 starts, 72 tackles (43 solo, 28 assisted) 3 passes defended

I think you are giving the OP to much credit ...... I doubt he even knows what LVE's number is.

conner01

Reaction score
At a good price I’d give LVE another shot
Second half last year he played well. The hard part of signing a guy like LVE is his first contract was large so it’s hard to get him to take a deal that’s not significantly bigger. He Carrie’s risk too

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s a pretty good chance Parsons regresses next season because he set the bar so incredibly high his rookie season. Another reason he could regress is because the team probably won’t be as good and opponents will be more prepared for him. Our offense has lost three starters and one key contributor and if the offense isn’t as good it’s going to put more pressure on the defense that just lost one of their best players in Gregory. Parsons may have to play the edge more often which will take him out of a lot of plays. He won’t be able to use his sideline to sideline playmaking ability as much. Parsons has done a lot of talking this offseason which makes you wonder if he hasn’t been reading his press clippings too much.

He’s already been anointed by many as something very special we’ll just have to see if it goes to his head. I don’t think he’ll have as many sacks next season which will cause some to think he’s regressed. Not having Gregory is going to hurt. It’s going to make it a little easier for offenses to take Parsons out of some plays. The more pass rushers you have the more it frees up other players. Gregory is a big loss and we didn’t have a great pass rush last season. Parsons was our leading sacker and he was a part-time edge rusher.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
There’s a pretty good chance Parsons regresses next season because he set the bar so incredibly high his rookie season. Another reason he could regress is because the team probably won’t be as good and opponents will be more prepared for him. Our offense has lost three starters and one key contributor and if the offense isn’t as good it’s going to put more pressure on the defense that just lost one of their best players in Gregory. Parsons may have to play the edge more often which will take him out of a lot of plays. He won’t be able to use his sideline to sideline playmaking ability as much. Parsons has done a lot of talking this offseason which makes you wonder if he hasn’t been reading his press clippings too much.

He’s already been anointed by many as something very special we’ll just have to see if it goes to his head. I don’t think he’ll have as many sacks next season which will cause some to think he’s regressed. Not having Gregory is going to hurt. It’s going to make it a little easier for offenses to take Parsons out of some plays. The more pass rushers you have the more it frees up other players. Gregory is a big loss and we didn’t have a great pass rush last season. Parsons was our leading sacker and he was a part-time edge rusher.

I’m just waiting for Dak to request a trade.

HanD

Reaction score
So fluff talk.
Fluff is better than
depositphotos_65749765-stock-illustration-poop-thumbs-up-cartoon-character.jpg

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I say there is 55% chance that Micah Parsons is going to regress this year.
That depends on what you mean by "regress."
He could improve skill-wise and have lesser stats because teams play him differently based on their tape of him. In this scenario, the majority of this forum will conclude that he is hot garbage, "believed his press clippings," and other such nonsense. Is that regression?
An injury could knock him out, a nagging injury could slow him down. Is that regression?

I think there's a decent chance that last year ends up looking like an outlier on his stat sheet and he is not in fact the second coming of Lawrence Taylor. I don't think that's regression, I just think he had a year where absolutely everything went right, and that's not the sort of thing that happens over and over again. You have to have a "best season" in your career; sometimes, it's your first one. Of course, there's also a chance that he is the second coming of Lawrence Taylor and the best is yet to come.

This stuff people are writing about the "atmosphere" of the Cowboys is nonsense, of course, but the talent around him and the quality of coaching can certainly have an impact on how he develops and performs. We shall see.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
At a good price I’d give LVE another shot
Second half last year he played well. The hard part of signing a guy like LVE is his first contract was large so it’s hard to get him to take a deal that’s not significantly bigger. He Carrie’s risk too

Production over name.