What are our biggest needs week into fa?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don’t think they trust the receivers in this draft. They feel they are set with at least 5 receivers if you include the kick returner. The corners are the same. They gonna cut one Lewis, Joseph or Wright. I don’t see any cornerback in this draft that would play over Diggs, Gilmore, or Bland. Even the big 3 corners. Big hole at blocking tight end, Big hole at left guard, Big hole at 2nd running back and Biggest hole along the defensive line. Easy draft to figure out.
Keep in mind, both Gilmore/Cooks are basically on 1yr contracts, they still need future starters at both positions, which is why they are still in the market for both areas.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Keep in mind, both Gilmore/Cooks are basically on 1yr contracts, they still need future starters at both positions, which is why they are still in the market for both areas.
The Cowboys are worried about next season. If we don’t win a Super Bowl they might fire everyone. Dak was not extended. They all in!!!!!!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Cowboys are worried about next season. If we don’t win a Super Bowl they might fire everyone. Dak was not extended. They all in!!!!!!
These are most definitely "all in" type of moves, however all it really has cost them is day 3 comp selections. Really want them to address NT now and then they can head into the draft.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Man, this has probably been the best offseason I can remember in a while

Still have a few big holes that can be filled in free agency and the draft

Back up RB: Need a guy...preferably in the draft. Maybe 2nd or 3rd round
TE: I'm gonna be honest, I really like Ferguson and Pendershoot. I think Shultz was a product of Dak and the offense, so I'd probably pass unless a great value presented itself. Could be a first round pick, could be a late round guy they like. I'd prefer a trade as opposed to a high draft pick
LG: Need a starter...sign a vet and draft a guy maybe in round 1
DT: Need to resign Hankins *and* add another player. I'd do two vets Hankins and another comparable vet and only look this way in the draft if a great value slips

baltcowboy

Reaction score
These are most definitely "all in" type of moves, however all it really has cost them is day 3 comp selections. Really want them to address NT now and then they can head into the draft.
You like anyone in the draft at nose tackle?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I would take Gibbs in a NY second. Having said that will Dak throw him the ball. He’s not big on dump downs
I think Gibbs might be the most impactful player at 26. Cooks, Pollard, and Gibbs. We would have speed to burn. :bow:

cnuball21

Reaction score
There are a few, but don't think they consider one at the earliest in the 3rd rd. Mazi Smith Michigan, Ika Baylor, Benton Wisconsin, Coburn Texas
Ika or Mazi in the 2nd would be great picks IMO. Think they’re both in that range?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ika or Mazi in the 2nd would be great picks IMO. Think they’re both in that range?
Last two drafts thought both McNeil, Travis Jones would go much higher, but each ended up in rd 3. Think that where we need to project these 2 down type of run players. Personally, I would draft either Ika or Mazi at 58 if they fell there. Either player would be a long-term fixture at the position.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Last two drafts thought both McNeil, Travis Jones would go much higher, but each ended up in rd 3. Think that where we need to project these 2 down type of run players. Personally, I would draft either Ika or Mazi at 58 if they fell there. Either player would be a long-term fixture at the position.
Good point. And also agree I’m fine taking either in the 2nd just bc I don’t think they last til our 3rd pick.

Ika is an absolutely perfect fit for what we need and he gives you a little pass rush.

morasp

Reaction score
Sometimes the best first round picks turn out to be a really good player that wasn't necessarily your biggest need at the time.